I was recently given the opportunity to try an amazing product, Waxelene™. It was brand new to me and I’m so glad to have been introduced to it. Waxelene™ is The Petroleum Jelly Alternative. That’s right! Anything you’d use petroleum jelly for, you can use Waxelene™ for instead.
Waxelene™ is made with only four ingredients. Yes, four. They are Organic Soybean Oil, 100% Natural Beeswax, Organic Rosemary Oil, and 100% Natural Vitamin E Oil. Waxelene™ is all natural with no petroleum products. It is also biodegradable and baby safe. Waxelene™ is very Eco-friendly in their entire production of product too. Their facility is 100% wind-powered; they ship using 100% recycled boxes; and the jars Waxelene™ comes in – they are made of recyclable glass (no plastic!).
The first time I used Waxelene™ I noticed a unique smell. Initially it was almost like there was no aroma and then very subtlety one appeared. I realized it was the rosemary oil. If you’re not familiar with rosemary, the smell can be a little pungent at first, but I found it soothing the more I used Waxelene™.
This product has a very nice consistency to it. While it appears very thick, it glides on smoothly. I’ve used it mostly on my lips. I really like that unlike other lip products, Waxelene™ didn’t sting my lips when they were cracked. Also, in short order, Waxelene™ healed my lips too.
This remarkable product isn’t just for lips though. Any place you’d typically use petroleum jelly, you can use Waxelene™. As Waxelene™ has noted, they are the petroleum jelly alternative. Here are some examples from their website:
- Soothing and moisturizing chapped, dry skin:
- Lips, elbows, knees, face, dry spots, anywhere!
- Eczema & psoriasis.
- Make-up & removing make-up:
- Remove eye make-up – apply a dab to a towel or tissue and wipe off.
- Add a bit to eyelids for a soft shine/dewy look.
- Hands & Feet:
- Moisturize cuticles.
- Apply to feet or hands before bed, then put on socks or gloves for incredibly soft skin in the morning!
- Reduce diaper irritation (works great for cloth diapers too).
- Put on eyebrows to prevent shampoo from running into eyes.
- Lubricate and protect from chafing, friction, and wind burn all day long.
- Wetsuit rash prevention – apply to neck and tight spots. Won’t deteriorate wetsuit like petroleum products and no petroleum in the water!
- For dyeing hair, apply to skin around hairline and ears to prevent staining.
- Rub into ends of hair to hide split ends.
- Control wild eyebrows.
- After Sun: Soothe and moisturize tender skin.
- Shaving or Aftershave: For face/legs etc. Moisturizes & lubricates.
For more ideas for use, please visit Waxelene’s™ uses page.
Waxelene™ also has many benefits. Aside from being an extremely green product and petroleum-free, Waxelene™ is also made without the use of hydrogenated oils (trans-fats), GMO’s, parabens, or other chemicals. Waxelene™ is excellent for those with sensitive skin and not only does it not clog pores, but it doesn’t cause breakouts either. Waxelene™ isn’t tested on animals either.
I have thoroughly enjoyed becoming familiar with Waxelene™. I believe it is safe to say there will be no more petroleum in my house. I’ve also used it on my cuticles. I love how easily it massages in. Waxelene™ isn’t greasy or sticky. I have seen an improvement in how my cuticles appear. They aren’t so dry. I really like that.
Please visit Waxelene’s™ website for more information. You can purchase directly from them or you can find Waxelene™ in retailers like CVS and Whole Foods. For more retailers where Waxelene™ is located, please visit their store list. You can also follow Waxelene™ on Facebook and Twitter.