Beef & Bacon Chili Relleno Wontons Recipe
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Are you planning a Homegating event for the upcoming big game? Maybe looking for some game day appetizers that everyone will love? If so hold on to your hats because you are going to love this Beef & Bacon Chili Relleno Wonton recipe! I’m not even joking, they are super delicious, easy to make, and ideal for just about any gathering.
What’s not to love? I mean seriously there is Wright® Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon inside each one! It’s the best cuts of premium meat that is hand selected and trimmed. With Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon you always get thicker, heartier slices of bacon.
Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon is expertly smoked, hand-crafted thick bacon with taste you can’t rush! Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon, it’s the perfect addition to just about any recipe for any occasion and looks fabulous on just about any tabletop tailgate party!
What’s not to love? Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon makes everything better, the fact that there is cheese, green chili, and hamburger meat just makes it that much better! I can’t think of a better crowd pleaser!
You know it’s coming up, right?
Yes, I know I can’t believe it either. I’m still wondering where basketball season went.
I’m proud of this Chili Relleno recipe, everyone loves it so far. I can’t wait for everyone to try them when we have our Homegating party for the big game! Plus, because they are a finger food that means easy cleanup for me! YES, see I’m thinking in advance. I hate cleaning after everyone leaves, so I decided to try and make a filling, yet delicious appetizer everyone would enjoy.
I used to make these without the beef and bacon, but I wanted to make an appetizer that was filling so everyone didn’t just munch all night. Plus, I was looking for a snack hack to help tone done any possible messes and went nicely with my tabletop tailgate snacks!
I decided on the Chili Relleno Wontons because they are not too messy and both ends are closed to start with, lol. I don’t know if it happens at your house but at my house the guys are always jumping around playing “sofa coach” screaming at the TV because they all think they are suddenly qualified to be coaches. Let’s just say there have been lots of messes that have happened this way. I guess that is what happens when you realize you should have been a coach while watching the team you should be coaching on TV! You totally forget that you have a bowl of cheese dip on your lap, lol
Beef & Bacon Chili Relleno Wontons
To make the wontons you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt & pepper
- garlic (minced)
- onion (diced)
- 1/2 or more cups green chili (more or less/hot or mild depending upon your taste buds. I use mild when cooking for guests and hot when it’s just the family.)
- 1 package Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon (24 oz.)
- 1 package of wonton wrappers
- 1 package queso asadero (white Mexican cheese) cut into strips that will easily fit in your wonton wrapper.
- ¼ cup water
- Salsa (optional)
To make the Chili Relleno Wontons follow the below directions:
- On medium high heat add ground beef, onion, garlic, and green chili and cook until meat is browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut Wright Brand Hickory Smoked Bacon into strips. I cut them into three sections just so they were about as long as the wonton wrapper. They shrink just enough while cooking that they fit perfectly into the wonton wrapper so you can nicely roll them up.
- Cook bacon the way you like it and place on a plate with paper towel on top to drain extra grease.
- Wet one side of the wonton wrapper by placing your finger into the water and running it along the edge of the wrapper. Now roll up wonton wrapper like a burrito.
- Wet each side of the wrapper and pinch shut. You want to make sure each of the sides is completely sealed, so nothing leaks out in your oil while cooking.
- Allow wet spots to dry while grease is warming.
- Once the oil is hot place wontons into the hot oil and cook for about 1 – 2 minutes or until they are a golden-brown color on both sides.
- Remove and set on a plate with paper towels on top to catch all the extra grease.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy.
As far as the cheese goes, you can use any kind of cheese you like. I mean, cheese is great, it’s like Wright Brand Bacon, it makes everything better right!
For those of you planning to host an event for the big game, do you think something like these super delicious wontons will be a hit? They’ve always been a huge hit without the beef and bacon at my gatherings! I can’t wait for everyone to try them now! And, they are even less messy because the there is more inside them than just cheese and green chili. So, our “sofa coaches” can now scream and yell and I don’t have to stress cheese leaking out lol.
Now all I’ll need to do is toss some Ball Park® Hot Dogs on the grill and some Tyson® Any’tizers in the oven! There will be something for everyone, and I didn’t have to spend the whole day cooking, is that awesome or what? Okay, and maybe I’ll bake something sweet, but just maybe lol.
Okay, you got me! I’ll probably bake up something sweet too, but I’ll still spend a little time in the kitchen which means I’ll probably have a chance to do my hair and makeup this time, lol.