I recently made Beef Tacos & Roasted Green Beans, and it was unbelievable! I received everything needed to prepare the meal in the mail from Blue Apron. I will tell you right away that I love the service and am continuing to use it. It’s great, every week they ship me everything I need to prepare two meals for four people, and I still get to cook my family a fresh homecooked meal. Not only that but I get to try new recipes like the Beef Tacos & Roasted Green Beans, and another one of my favorites was the Chicken Meatloaf.blue apr
How does Beef Tacos & Roasted Green Beans sound? If you’re not into the tacos, maybe you’d like to try Chicken Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes & Garlic Sugar Snap Peas? They are both delicious; I was surprised how much I liked the chicken meatloaf. I think I ate too much meatloaf when I was younger the twist on traditional meatloaf is AWESOME! Everyone in my house loved both meals, and I have picky children and an eve pickier husband!
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 1/8 pound of thinly sliced beef
- ¼ cup grated Cotija cheese
- 10 ounces green beans
- 2 limes
- 3 radishes
- 1 avocado
- 1 red onion
- 1 head of baby romaine lettuce
- 1 salt and pepper cucumber
- 1 tablespoon Mexican season blend (ancho chili powder, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried Mexican oregano. Grab the recipe from BlueAprong.com)
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees, wash and dry all produce, snap off green bean stems, peel onion and cut into large wedges and separate into layers. Trim the ends of the radishes and dice. Dice the cucumber.
- Stack the tortillas on a piece of aluminum foil, wrap and set aside for later.
- Dice avocado and quarter limes. Squeeze 1 lime wedge over the diced avocado, this will prevent your avocado from browning.
- Place your green beans and onion on a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to cover thoroughly. Make sure and spread the green beans out, so there is only one layer, and roast for 20 to 22 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork and lightly browned. Remove from oven and set aside in a warm place.
- While your green beans are roasting grab a large bowl and combine radishes, avocado, cucumber and the juice from three lime wedges. Season to with salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil on top. Toss and set aside for later.
- While veggies are roasting place tortillas on the oven rack and arm for 6 to 8 minutes until they are heated through.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and season blend. Grab a large pan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil, and add meat in a single layer. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes without stirring or until browned, one the first side. Continue to cook frequently stirring until browned.
- Just before you are ready to serve as long as everything is cool enough to handle transfer the tortillas from the foil to a serving dish and divide the beef, lettuce, salsa and as much of the cheese as you like between the tortillas. If you have any cheese left over be sure to try a little on your veggies, it’s pretty yummy!
- It’s time to eat, serve with remaining lime wedges and enjoy.
You can also get the recipe by heading over to BlueApron.com as well as plenty of other great recipes.
The next meal we tried was Chicken Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes & Garlic Sugar Snap Peas! That was incredible! I don’t typically make meatloaf because my kids won’t eat it, but they ate every bit of the chicken meatloaf and had since asked me to make it. Every meal I have made from Blue Apron has been fantastic!
In the past few weeks, I have not only had the beef tacos and chicken meatloaf I have also tried their Fontina Cheeseburgers on Ciabatta, Shredded BBQ Chicken Sandwiches, Spiced Steaks & Tomato-Avocado Salad, Beef Summer Corn Enchiladas, Green Chili Chicken Roll and Zucchini & Mozzarella Pizza Paninis. Every last meal was fantastic, but my son is still fussing over the enchiladas. He fell in love with them.
Reasons to Love Blue Apron
I can think of plenty of reasons to love Blue Apron, and I highly recommend giving them a try. My brother just started ordering from Blue Apron because he came over a few weeks ago when I was unloading my Blue Apron box. He couldn’t get over how everything arrived so cold and fresh; now he’s hooked too lol. My mom is also ordering from Blue Apron because it’s on her and my dad so cooking often mans food going to waste. Ordering from BlueApron.com saves my parents time, my mom still gets to cook a nice home cooked meal and they don’t have to waste food. They are both VERY happy with everything!
Try Blue Apron FREE
Yes, how awesome is that! When you visit BlueApron.com from our blog you will have the chance to try two meals from Blue Apron free! SWEET right, click here to get started.
Blue Apron is a great way to try new foods:
Blue Apron has allowed my family to expand our taste buds. I love that I get to make my family new and exciting season recipes t created by Blue Apron’s culinary team and renowned guest chefs.
I’m serious; the produce is SUPER fresh I was surprised that it made it to me so fresh. Some of the specialty seasonings were fresher than I can get at my local grocery store and the produce they shipped was as fresh had I went to the grocery store.
Cooking for my family is important to me but it’s not always as easy to make it to the store, and it never fails when I try and plan meals in advance I forget things or avoid picking up certain things because I don’t want ti to spoil. With Blue Apron I get fresh ingredients to prepare my family a home cooked meal!
Blue Apron keeps things fresh and new:
Not only is the produce fresh but the recipes are fresh. Did you know Blue Apron will not prepare the same meal twice in the same year? SWEET right.
I love that I can save time by avoiding the store and having pre-measured ingredients help me avoid wasting things. I also love that each of the recipes has anywhere from 500 to 800 calories, and I can feel good about what my family is eating. The produce is fresh, and the meat is raised naturally on antibiotic and hormone free diets.
Shipping is easy and free
Blue Apron allows me to choose the delivery day that fits my schedule, and when a package are shipped to your doorstep, it’s FREE SHIPPING nationwide.
Don’t like what’s on the menu, skip it:
Blue Apron allows users to look at the upcoming weeks meals, and you can choose to skip them if you don’t think it’s something you and your family will enjoy.
They have a great family plan and two persona plan:
There are a two-person plan and two family plans – 2 recipes delivered weekly or 4 recipes delivered weekly. I’m always looking for the family plan but for those of you who only want enough food for two Blue Apron has you covered too. With the family plan, I get two recipes per week delivered to my door, and the menu is customized to my dietary preferences. You can also choose to get all four of Blue Aprons recipes delivered to your door each week.
Every recipe I have received from Blue Apron everyone enjoyed, even the kids! I like that Blue Apron thinks about the children when they prepare their menu.
Ingredients arrive in a refrigerated box, so everything stays, cool and fresh.
Blue Apron is awesome they even have interactive recipes pages where you can follow their step-by-step recipes and learn all about the ingredients you will be using. You’ll also find how-to videos and even the same cookware and tools Blue Apron uses in their test kitchen.
Blue Apron saves me time by shipping everything I need to prepare a home cooked meal to my doorstep. Everything is measured out, and it comes with easy to follow direction. I still can’t believe I can get all this shipped to my door and still prepare a homecooked meal I feel good feeding my family.
Blue Apron is going to be a lifesaver once school starts back up:
With school starting back up soon I’m going to be running all over the place again. Taking one kid here and another one there, it leaves little time for other things which is why I love Blue Apron so much. Not only are they saving me time now but getting Blue Apron meals once school starts back up is going to take loads of stress off. And, my favorite part is I that I can save time and prepare my family meal that I feel good about, it’s so much better than frozen pizza when I’m running low on time.
TRY Blue Apron FREE! Get TWO Meals FREE with Blue Apron on Your First Order!
Don’t miss out on your chance to try Blue Apron for FREE! If you want to take advantage of this offer and try Blue Apron free just CLICK HERE to head over to Blue Apron, at the top of the screen it will tell you Jenns Blah Blah Blog readers get THREE (3) free meals! Be sure and take advantage of this offer, it’s a great way to try out Blue Apron for free.
To learn more about Blue Apron head over to their website BlueApron.com. They even have an excellent wine program.
This is a sponsored post written by me for Blue Apron. All opinions are my own. I hope you’ll swing by and give them a try, so you can let us know what you think in the below comments.