This Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Meatballs recipe is by far one of my husband’s favorites. To be honest, it’s one of mine too, not just because it tastes great, but also because these slow cooker pineapple BBQ meatballs are super easy to make. They take a little time, yes, but it’s not like you have to sit and stir, mix or even watch them for that matter. Just put them in the slow cooker, set a timer, and go on about your day. I love it when we are planning a party because I can cook something super tasty and still have time to tidy up the house a bit and get ready.
Another reason I love my slow cooker so much in the summer: it doesn’t heat up the house. OMG, using the oven or stovetop is torture during the summer. Even when we cook on the grill, I find myself using the oven or stove for something. So anytime I can use the slow cooker it’s a welcome treat! Which is how these meatballs ended up being a 4th of July tradition. Several years ago, I decided to take my mom’s BBQ meatballs, give them a little extra tang with pineapple juice, and serve as an appetizer at our 4th of July party because I wanted to avoid my stovetop and oven, lol.
Best Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Meatballs
To make these easy Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Meatballs you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 25 Meatballs – Homemade or frozen is fine, and you can totally add more if you’d like.
- 1 Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like honey BBQ sauce)
- 1 cup DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Let’s get these yummy meatballs cooking:
- Place your cooked meatballs into slow cooker. Frozen meatballs don’t need to be thawed, and homemade meatballs are best if you leave them a little uncooked. However, you can place fully cooked and thawed meatballs without any problems.
- Pour DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice and BBQ sauce into the slow cooker with the meatballs.
- Add grape jelly and brown sugar and mix everything together. It’s okay if the jelly doesn’t mix in right away you can come back once things have warmed up a bit and it should stir right in.
- Allow to cook in slow cooker on high for 1 hour, then turn down to low and allow to cook for 2 to 3 more hours. Check the meatballs about once every hour and just stir things up a bit.
After the BBQ meatballs have cooked for several hours they are ready to eat!
Go on, grab a meatball and take a bite, you cooked them! You should get to taste the first meatball, right? I mean that’s the beauty of being the cook, you get to taste test along the way. It’s an essential part of cooking in my household, lol.
The pineapple BBQ meatballs make for a great appetizer if you’re hosting a gathering this 4th of July holiday, but they also make a great meatball sandwich, go great with rice and even pasta! Can’t help but loves these meatballs! The perfect combination of sweet and tangy!
I use pineapple juice all sorts of different recipes like our, homemade soft pretzels with brie cheese, Pineapple cupcakes & coconut buttercream frosting recipe and these yummy pineapple angel food cupcakes with a pineapple glaze.