These Bloody Bones Halloween Cupcakes are sure to be a hit at the Halloween Festivities this year. Halloween is around the corner and it is time to start thinking about what you will be preparing for your friends and family for your party or work take-ins. Even the kiddo’s enjoy these and think that they are the neatest ever. They love the bloody effect on them
These Bloody Bones Halloween Cupcakes are all homemade and not your box cake mix. They are delicious and they definitely have a bloody look on them. They actually didn’t take as long as I thought they would. The recipe seems long, but I can assure you that it doesn’t take a lot of time to make these. I was so proud of how mine turned out. You can see for yourself how neat they look. They make a great conversation piece at my work take-ins. When I make these for our yearly Halloween Parties and Hayrides, the kids and their parents all ask about these cupcakes and everyone thinks that they are professionally done. I have to let them know that they were not bought, but that I made them specifically for the party. This is how easy it is to make these.
I hope that you will enjoy making these Bloody Bones Halloween Cupcakes and that you use the recipe below to make yours. Whether you decide to make them for a work take-in or for a party that you have planned, I am sure that everyone will like these. They are tasty and nice looking as well. It will be a conversation piece for sure. If you do decide to make these, come back and let me know how yours turned out. Did you have any issues making yours? Did everyone enjoy them? I sure hope so!
- 1 3/4 C Flour
- 2 C Sugar
- 1 C Cocoa
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 C Whole Milk
- 1/2 C Oil
- 1 C Boiling Water
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring
- 1 C corn syrup
- 1 bag of gummy bones
- Combine 1 C of the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter and mix.
- Line the cupcake tins with paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the graham cracker crumbs into the cupcake liner.
- Set aside
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, whole milk, and oil.
- Add the bowl containing the eggs, whole milk, oil, and vanilla to the bowl
- Hold the dry ingredients.
- Mix all together until fully incorporated.
- Beat for 3 minutes on medium.
- Slowly add the boiling water starting with a small amount then pour in the remaining boiling water.
- The batter may be a little runny.
- Scoop batter into cupcake lined cups until 3/4s filled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Combine all ingredients except the corn syrup and food coloring
- Mix on medium speed until frosting doesn't fall off a spoon.
- Place into a piping bag with a star tip and frost onto cooled cupcake.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn syrup and the red food dye, mix until combined.
- Take a fork and dip it into the corn syrup, drizzle over the cupcakes for a blood effect.
- Place gummy bone on top.
Bloody Bones Halloween Cupcakes
Here are a few other recipes for Halloween that we think you may enjoy.