It’s fall. I can’t tell you how excited I am for all the amazing fall scents that come from baking things like this delicious Caramel & Brown Sugar Baked Apples recipe. Fall is AMAZING, and of course all the fabulous fall scents are an easy to way find yourself inspired to start your fall baking!
The Caramel and Brown Sugar Baked Apple Recipe is super yummy and was a huge hit with everyone in the house.
Caramel & Brown Sugar Baked Apples
- 2 crisp apples
- 4 pieces of caramel candies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- ¼ cup old fashion oats
Let’s make these super yummy caramel & brown sugar baked apples:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- To cut blooming apples, just slice about 1/3 of the top of the apples off and scoop out the core.
- Cut two circular cuts around the center of your apples (make sure the cuts are deep but don’t go all the way through). Next, you’ll want to make narrow cuts making your way around the apple. It should look similar to the above images. If you choose not to go the blooming apple route and want to cut your apple differently you can totally skip cutting it, and after you core your apple you can stuff it with the brown sugar sauce.
- Place 1-2 caramels in the middle of the apples and place them in your oven safe dish. It’s a good idea to use something with sides because the sugar mixture will melt.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar and warm in the microwave for about 20 seconds and stir together and place in the microwave for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Combine all vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and oats with butter and sugar mixture. Add sugar mixture to the top and inside of the two apples.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, be sure to check the apples. After 45 minutes if they are not yet softened allow the apples to cook until they are softened.
- Once apples are softened remove them from the oven, drizzle a little of the melted sauce on the top, or I like my baked apples with just the sauce, but you can add ice cream or whatever you like.
If you would like to print out this recipe you can do so using the below recipe card. I hope you and your family enjoy this yummy fall treat!