I couldn’t help it, I’m ready to start fall baking, so I wanted to bake one of our favorite cupcakes. These Caramel Apple Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting not only taste amazing but fill my house with one of my favorite fall smells.
I know isn’t fall yet, but the kids are in school, mornings are cooler, and it’s just a constant reminder of what’s right around the corner. I tend to get a jump start on fall, because I’m so ready for it to start cooling off after a long hot summer and there’s nothing better than the beautiful fall scents that come from the oven.
If you’re looking for an awesome cupcake recipe, then you can’t go wrong with apple cupcakes with caramel frosting! I typically make everything from scratch, but wanted to try something new with both the apple cupcakes and caramel frosting. I’m pretty happy with the results.
Caramel Apple Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 Tablespoon Country Crock Spread (softened)
- 3 eggs
- Prepare cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cup apple pieces into smaller pieces, then place them in a medium bowl and mix with electric mixer. It will help mash everything together. I used my KitchenAid mixer; it did an awesome job.
- Add cake mix, spread, spice and eggs to the bowl of apple mixture and mix.
- Fill cupcake liners
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cupcakes are done. To test use a toothpick, poke it into the center of the cupcake. If it comes out clean, they’re finished.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool, and prepare your caramel frosting.
I normally make caramel to put on the top of my cupcakes, but I had Country Crock in my fridge so I decided to make my own fluffy, yummy Caramal Frosting. It’s so much faster than making caramel. Plus, with four kids running around I think it’s safe to say making caramel frosting is safer lol. I can’t count the number of times I’ve burned caramel or fudge because my kids start fighting or something lol.
I’ve made the caramel apple cupcakes 100 times, but I typically make my caramel topping. Since I didn’t have everything I needed to make the caramel topping I decided to grab my container of Country Crock, brown sugar, and a few other ingredients and make my caramel frosting, which turned out AMAZING!
- ½ cup of Country Crock Butter
- 1 Cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups powder sugar (sifted you may need to add a little more for stiffer frosting)
How to make caramel frosting:
- Once cupcakes are removed from the oven and cooling it’s time to start your frosting. Your caramel frosting isn’t hard, let’s get started.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter, once melted add the brown sugar & heavy cream. Allow to cook on medium until sugar is dissolved, stirring consistently.
- Add salt and allow mixture to boil, on medium heat for 2 ½ to 3 minutes. You’ll want to stir continuously.
- Remove from heat, allow mixture to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer on medium slowly add in powdered sugar until you get the consistency you are looking for. (I always start by adding 1 1/2 cups of powder sugar and gradually adding more until I reach desired consistency.)
- Put frosting in a piping bag and pipe on frosting.
- Enjoy your yummy caramel apple cupcakes!
TIP: You can add more powdered sugar to help stiffen up your frosting but add extra powder sugar slowly and mix so you don’t overdo it.
Country Crock’s wholesome ingredients give your recipes a beautiful and tasty boost! Skip all the extra ingredients without skimping on flavor with the new Country Crock Simple Recipes spread! Whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dessert or dinner, it makes your recipes taste fabulous while saving time! It’s Country Crock’s Simple Recipes is made with REAL ingredients! You won’t find any of those artificial flavors or preservatives, there are ZERO grams of trans fats per service, purified water, a pinch of salt, and wholesome oils. So get your cooking or baking on so you don’t miss out on your chance to win.
What’s your best Country Crock Secret?
Share your awesome mealtime tricks for a chance to win a $50 Kroger Gift Card. Be sure to include the #CountryCrock hashtag. Enter using the blow giveaway widget! The mandatory entry is tweets, which are already on the widget and include the hashtag to make it easy for you and easy for me to record the entries. Good Luck!
This is a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are our own.