I made the Caramel Stuffed Brownies Cupcake recipe for our family movie night. I knew they would go perfectly with a warm cup of Starbucks® Hot Cocoa on our family movie night last week. I received two pods in the Cozy Collection kit I received recently and I liked them so much I bought more while I was at the grocery store especially for family movie night. The brownies and a yummy glass of some amazing hot cocoa, it doesn’t get much better than that.
I can’t wait to share this yummy caramel stuffed brownies recipe with you. It’s seriously one of my favorites I think. Mostly due to the caramel but the brownies are awesome too. I just have a thing for caramel.
Caramel Stuffed Brownies Cupcake Recipe
Below is everything you’re going to need to make the caramel brownie cupcakes:
- 6 ounces’ chocolate chopped (I like to use dark chocolate)
- 1 stick of butter, I like to use unsalted but you can use either (1/2 cup)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 1 bag caramel square candies (11-ounce bag)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate milk
Let’s make these super yummy caramel stuffed brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a cupcake pan by lining with muffin tins. Wait to spray your muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray until right before you put the brownie batter in the tin.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and chocolate and melt over low heat. Be sure to stir continuously. Once the butter and chocolate is melted and mixed together remove from heat. Don’t allow it to get to hot. You don’t want to burn the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into a large bowl and combine sugar, vanilla, eggs and whisk until completely mixed.
- Add the salt and flour to the chocolate mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Spray cupcake liner with nonstick cooking spray and fill ½ full with brownie batter. Add 1 square of caramel into the center of each brownie and cover the rest of the way with brownie mix. Only fill cups about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before trying to remove the cupcake wrappers.
- With the extra caramel you can melt it in by following the directions on the back of the bag and stick some on the top of your brownie where your frosting would go if it were a traditional cupcake if you like. I suggest it, lol.
Some days I miss getting up and going to work just because I would stop every morning for a Staarbucks® for one of their amazing drinks. It was part of my daily ritual and don’t get me wrong I still go but I have to run kids around, head to the grocery store, run to a meeting or something that puts me behind. I have no morning ritual anymore lol. Lucky for us we can grab Startbucks® products from the grocery store right! Now I can have Startbucks® whenever I want, BAM! Now that is cool!
I admit, caramel is my weakness and OMG you can’t go wrong with real cocoa and non-fat milk so you get that sweet chocolate sensation that only in your hot cocoa.