Caribbean Tuna Salad Recipe
I have always loved an awesome tuna recipe, especially one like this Caribbean Tuna Salad Recipe. It’s super yummy and unique and is a perfect recipe for Lent if you’re looking for something new, tasty, and easy to make.
I hope you enjoy this Caribean Tuna Salad Recipe as much as we do. It’s made with yummy StarKist® Solid Albacore Tuna in Water and served in an avocado making it good for you and a great crowd pleaser. You can create your Carribean Tuna Salad in as little as 10 minutes and makes enough for up to 8 people with this recipe. Each serving (1/2 Avocado filled) is about 230 calories, with 17 grams of fat, 150 mg sodium, 16 carbs, 7 grams of sugars, 8 grams of fiber, and 8 grams of protein.
I think you’re going to be surprised how easy it is to make the Caribbean Tuna Salad Recipe, especially for how beautiful it looks and tastes.
Prep Time: 10 min; Cook Time: 0 min; Servings: 8
What you need to create the Caribbean Tuna Salad Recipe:
- 2 Cans of StarKist® Solid Albacore Tuna in Water, (5 ounce cans, drained)
- 2-1/2 tbsp. of light mayonnaise (you can use regular mayonnaise if you like, but remember to increase the amount of fat, calories, etc.)
- 2 tsp. of chipotle pepper in abodo sauce (chopped)
- ¼ cup jicama (chopped)
- One mango cut in half – 1/2 in sliced for garnishing and the other is diced for salad.
- Four avocados cut in half
- Lime Juice
- optional – Lettuce (preferably leaf)
Let’s create it:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine mayonnaise and chipotle pepper and mix.
- Add tuna, jicama and diced mango and mix.
- Cut avocado’s into halves, remove seed, and hollow if needed.
- Place your tuna salad in each half of an avocado and sprinkle with line juice, and chopped cilantro to taste.
- Optional – Use lettuce and sliced mango to garnish.
I sure hope you enjoy your Caribbean Tuna Salad… If you try this recipe, please do let us know how you liked it and also let us see what you’re favorite tuna recipe is or of a method you want us to try and create for you.
Whether you’re looking for the recipe for Lent or you’re attempting to live a healthier lifestyle there are tons of ways you can spice up Tuna. I was just over at StarKist’s website, and they have TONS of great recipes.
If you’d like to print out the recipe, you can do so below. Enjoy!