Just as a car undergoes wear and tear after use, similarly, the joints in your body also undergo wear and tear as you age. Hence, it’s imperative to take good care of your body joints. The body joints help us to function with ease, and one must remain proactive about keeping these in the best shape.
When you’re scouring ways to ensure healthy joints to keep your overall health intact, this guide will be of immense help.
Why is there wear and tear in joints?
You must understand that the human body is made of bones and cartilages. As you age, the calcium in bones starts to deplete, causing them to weaken. That is not all; the cartilage between bones also begins to decrease. The cartilage acts as a cushion between bones and aids in protecting them from rubbing against each other. Hence, it is essential to take care of one’s joints well in advance.
What kind of joint ailments can you suffer from?
If you do not start taking extra care of your joints, then these ailments might start affecting your bones and might start restricting your movement too. A few such common joint-related diseases that you might suffer from are as follows:
- Tennis elbow
- Rheumatoid arthritis, and so on.
What are the ways to protect your joints and prevent these ailments?
Prevention is better than cure. To have a better and healthy future, it is vital to take care of the present moment itself. There are many ways to safeguard your joints in advance. In case of severe arthritis, cartilage depletion, or hip fracture, one might have to undergo surgery. These surgeries can be minor or significant, depending on the exact nature of the ailment.
However, one shouldn’t undergo an operation at the drop of a hat. Many of these surgeries are known to have severe side effects in the future. In such cases, one can look at the best Ayurvedic medicine for joint pain. As per Kerala Ayurveda, there are several natural ways that one can resort to when it comes to tackling joint pain.
Kerala Ayurveda’s approach to taking care of your joints
As per Ayurveda, bones are a place of Vata in the human body. Since it is a site of Vata, it is prone to various kinds of imbalances. In medical language, there are some empty spaces between your joints. Imbalances like loss of cartilage, weak muscle tissue, and inadequate bone density are a few of the pertinent issues that affect the bones.
Ayurveda has many anti-inflammatory Ayurvedic medicines up its sleeves to help you take care of your joints. Here are a few tips to get along with an Ayurvedic approach:
- Cleanse your inner system: Ayurvedic medicine cannot act on your body unless it has been cleansed from within. It is essential to cleanse your inner network to support your joints periodically. Regular cleansing will help you to ignite the Agni within you and restore your order by removing impurities stored within your body.
- Get rid of ama: Our body is known to accumulate Ama (toxins) over a while. This is often known to disrupt the peaceful functioning of the joints. Elimination of this factor from the body will aid in helping to improve digestion. This has a direct impact on the joints.
- Practice yoga: Contrary to common misconception, it is essential to follow yoga to help take care of one’s joints. One such beneficial asana is the Pawanmuktasana that helps to bring down the Vata level in your body and, in turn, helps lubricate the joints.
- Use of ayurvedic herbs: Kerala Ayurveda is known to provide numerous ayurvedic medicines for arthritis that include herbs known to be beneficial in protecting your joints. Nirgundi is one such herb that is known to bring instant relief to joint pain. This pain relief ayurvedic medicine helps to combat swelling and also aids in lessening excessive pain.
Ajwain is another common ingredient found in your kitchen that helps take care of joints. It has specific anti-inflammatory attributes that assist in taking care of joint pain. You can soak some ajwain seeds in hot water and soak your affected joint in it for some time. This remedy is known to be beneficial if leveraged over some time.
People often talk about bones but not about joints. These simple ayurvedic tips and recommendations will help you in strengthening your joints in the long run. All the suggestions above are known to have no kind of side effect on the patient.