Yummy, Carrot Cake Cupcakes & Cream Cheese Icing! Sounds pretty awesome right – especially since these cupcakes have veggies in them – loaded with carrots, and even raisins if you feel like tossing some in.
I knew when I started baking the carrot cake cupcakes I was going to eat one. So, rather than making all normal sized cupcakes I made enough normal sized cupcakes to send with Vayda to school, and the leftover batter was used to make itty bitty cupcakes. I love the little cupcakes; they are so cute, bite sizes, and I don’t feel as bad after eating a small cake. If I eat a normal sized cupcakes I feel horrible, because I’m dieting, and I should have the strength to say no, but a little cupcake is a different story, lol.
The way I see it is someone who was dieting, yet wanted something sweet, like myself, invented the little cupcakes so they could bake their cupcake and eat it too. Rather than eating a big normal sized cupcake, they brainstormed for days, searching near and far for sweet treat ideas for the family that is guilt free. I know, I know, but it sounded good at the time, lol! Regardless, they taste fantastic, and I enjoyed every bit of my itty-bitty cupcake!
We’re almost done with our kitchen remodel, and I have to say my husband is wonderful. He has spent the past four days working his booty off making our kitchen look fantastic, and I’m sitting on the edge of my chair waiting to get some kitchen organization going on. I’m such a lucky gal, because we even got a new double oven! Yepie, with the holidays right around the corner it’s about time to start baking and cooking like a crazy person. There’s something about this period of the year, I love it, and I feel like I come alive! Lucky me this year, I have tons of reasons to bake too! Don’t worry I’ll share the recipes here! I have several great Halloween recipe ideas I’ll be sharing soon, and don’t forget to check out last years Halloween recipes – Black Cake Cupcakes! They’re super fun and easy enough for the kids to help.
I don’t’ know if I have a particular cake I like best, but I do love a good moist carrot cake with amazing cream cheese frosting! YUMMY, it doesn’t get better than that.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes Ingredients
- 4 Large grated carrots
- 2 cups raisins (optional)
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1-teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking powered
- ½-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½-teaspoon ground cloves
- ½-teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable oil
Carrot Cake Cupcakes Directions
- Oven needs to be preheated to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pan by lining with baking cup liners.
- Shred carrots and add carrots and raisins to your batter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and salt and whisk together well. Set aside for later use.
- Place granulated sugar, brown sugar, and eggs into mixing bowl or KitchenAid mixer’s bowl. Mix on medium until well combined, add oil continue mixing until everything is well combined. Slowly add your dry ingredients, and continue to mix until well combined.
- Add carrots and raisins and stir by hand.
- Divide evenly among your cupcake liners, place in oven for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until toothpick is done in the center of cupcakes. When cupcakes are finished remove them from pan, and allow them to cool on a cooling rack before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package)
- 4 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ½ to 4 cups of powdered sugar
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until it’s a creamy texture. Slowly start adding your powder sugar, continue mixing until you get a consistency you like.
- I normally still have my cupcakes on the cooling rack. Frost them one at a time, place them back on the cooling rack, and repeat until you’re finished. ENJOY!TIP: Want an extra yummy cupcake? Place the carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting in the refrigerator until cooled. In my option cream cheese frosting taste better chilled, especially with the carrot cake! They’re a great pair chilled, or fresh off the cooling rack. Yummy!