I’m excited, this year for Mother’s Day I will get to celebrate the special day with mom for the first time since becoming a mother myself. Nice right! Since my mom will be coming to see me, I figure I better have a nice Mother’s Day recipe planned. Since I partnered with Bob’s Red Mill brand, I decided to go with my mom’s favorite Cherry Cheesecake Coffee Cake recipe. Growing up it was her favorite to make and eat!
I know she rarely cooks it anymore because it’s just her and my father and she says too much would go to waste. I know, I was thinking the same thing. Make a smaller batch you silly lady, but that’s my mom. Either way I know she will be thrilled to have it for her Mother’s Day breakfast.
Cherry Cheesecake Coffee Cake Recipe
To make this yummy coffee cake, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cups Bob’s Red Mills All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 3/4 butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 can of cherry pie filling (21 ounces)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Crumble Topping Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter (softened at room temp)
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×9 pan.
- Combine flour and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Cut in the butter until it is crumbly.
- Combine butter and both sugars and mix until they are a creamy consistency.
- Add in the baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the remaining crumb mixture.
- Mix in egg, vanilla and sour cream and press into prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Once you mix that slowly add the butter mixture until it is thoroughly mixed.
- Add baking soda, powder, and salt into the crumble mixture. Mix in 1 egg, sour cream, and vanilla and pour into prepared pan.
- Remove about 2/3 cup or more and set aside for later.
- Combine cream cheese, egg, and sugar and mix together. Slowly pour over batter already in the pan, add cherry pie filling and sprinkle with the crust you sad aside for later.
- Slowly pour over batter already in the pan
- Add cherry pie filling
- Get a small spoon and spoon leftover batter over the top of the cherry pie fillings. You probably will not have enough batter to cover the whole top, which is okay.
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumble topping in a medium sized bowl.
- Use a fork or pastry blender and combine ingredients until it becomes a crumble mixture.
- Sprinkle over the top of your cake and lightly press down using your hand.
- Place in oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until you can put a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
You can enjoy your Cherry Cheesecake Coffee Cake warm or let it cool! It’s super yummy with a little homemade frosting drizzled on the top too.
If you are nor familiar with Bob’s Red Mill brand, I’ll share a little information with you. The man behind the business is Bob More which you will probably recognize his face from the Bob’s Red Mill packaging. Bob has been committed to providing us with the best quality foods for over three decades. He has a passion for health and believes that taking care of one another is just as important today as it ever was. Bob started the company with his wife Charlee, and is part of the daily operations!
Bob’s Red Mill offers premium baking flours, no matter what kind of diet you follow. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White Flour is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat. The brand and the germ are removed leaving behind the endosperm that is made into white flour. There are not any additives, and it’s the same high protein flour that is used, by professional bakers. It also produces high, well-textured loaves of bread while still producing light airy baked goods. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour is formulated for baked goods with an awesome taste and texture. There are no additional specialty ingredients or custom recipes required. Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour is a blend of paleo-friendly ingredients and can be used for just about anything paleo cakes, pizza crust, crackers, cookies, bread – you name it.
So what will you be making for Mother’s Day? Tell us all about the special recipes you have planned.
If you are looking for more great Mother’s Day recipes that you can use Bob’s Red Mill brand with being sure to check out the below recipes:
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.