My husband made this for me the first time he cooked for me many years ago. I fell in love with not only him but his Chicken Fajita Alfredo recipe too! I’m serious, I loved it 10 years ago and I love it today. However, I have made a few little changes here and there but nothing too drastic. He hasn’t noticed anything different, yet so I must be doing something right lol.
I was super excited to make my husbands Chicken Fajita Alfredo with Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta! Yes, I said ProteinPLUS Pasta, is that awesome or what? I’m always looking for ways to add more protein to my diet because I know I’m not getting enough. I love that I can add more protein to my diet with Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta, so awesome!
One of my favorite things about fajitas is all the veggies! I love onions, bell peppers, mushrooms and I’m always looking for an excuse to put them in things, lol. Some of my kids don’t like certain veggies, but if I cut them up small enough they don’t even notice, lol.
Chicken Fajita Alfredo
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Chicken Fajita Alfredo recipe:
- 3 Large boneless skinless chicken breasts (Cubed)
- Salt, pepper, and fajita seasoning to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces Barilla Protein Plus Pasta
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (sliced)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 medium onion (sliced or diced)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
To make the Chicken Fajita Alfredo recipe, you’ll need to follow the directions below:
- Slice and dice veggies, cube chicken and cook Barilla ProteinPLUS Pasta as directed on the box.
- Add oil to large skillet (I used to Wok you can use either) and heat. Add chicken, add seasonings, and cook chicken completely. Add veggies to chicken and cook on medium-low for about 7 – 10 minutes turning occasionally.
- In a separate pan melt 1/4 cup butter, add cream and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes or until it begins to thicken up. Remove from heat, whisk in Parmesan cheese and mix in with chicken and veggies.
Did you know that Barilla Gluten Free pasta was recently named one of Parents Magazine’s “Top 25 Allergy Free Foods”? That’s awesome right, but did you know they have other great pasta to fit your family’s needs? Whether you are a health conscious, who wants to meet her family’s nutritional needs or an athlete looking for ways to add more protein to their diet Barilla has a variety of pasta that can help you achieve your goals.
If you would like to print out the recipe you may do so using the below recipe card. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
This is a sponsored post written by me for Barilla. All opinions are my own.