Are you planning on hosting a party for the upcoming Christmas season, maybe a road trip, an affordable gift, ideas for a food bar, or maybe something a little different for that yearly cookie exchange? Whatever it is, you can definitely spice things up with a Holly Jolly Bowl of Christmas Chex Mix or this Christmas Sugar Cookie Chex Mix Recipe.
I recently made a batch of Sugar Cookie Chex Mix and gave it a bit of a Christmas makeover for the holiday season. Now, I’ve made several different kinds of Chex Mix in the past, but this is one of my favorites. It’s super easy to make, and it looks great.
This year I’m planning on making Rudolph and Frosty Mason Jars for gifts. I’m going to use the Christmas Sugar Cookie recipe for the Snowman Mason Jar gifts, and I’m thinking the Chocolate Caramel Drizzles Chex Mix recipe for the Rudolph Mason Jars. Don’t you think that would be a fun yet affordable Christmas gift for a friend or coworker? I know I would love to get something like that, cute and delicious. You can’t go wrong in my book!
Plus, you can even give them to your friend who can only eat gluten-free foods if you make sure all the ingredients you purchase are gluten-free! I didn’t make this batch gluten-free, but I did use the Rice Chex cereal, and the recipe can very easily be made using other gluten-free ingredients.
Christmas Sugar Cookie Chex Mix Recipe
For the Christmas Sugar Cookie Chex Mix, I used the recipe from Gluten Free Sugar Cookie Chex Mix recipe from Chex.com and gave it a holly jolly Christmas makeover, but I didn’t make it gluten-free.
To make this oh so yummy Christmas Chex Mix you’ll need the following Ingredients:
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 oz. white baking chocolate or 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons gluten-free colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
Now let’s get to making it:
- Put Chex Mix in a large microwaveable bowl and line a large cookie sheet with foil or wax paper.
- In a microwavable measuring cup add butter and microwave uncovered for 30 seconds on high or until butter is completely melted.
- Add sugar and water to butter and place back in microwave for 30 seconds or until everything can be stirred smooth.
- Add vanilla to butter mixture and pour over cereal slowly. Be sure to stir the cereal, so it’s evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal for four minutes, stop the microwave and stir every minute until it’s thoroughly glazed.
- Pour powder sugar into a resealable freezer bag and shake to coat evenly. Be sure to allow cereal to cool for 1-2 minutes before placing it into the baggie.
- Spread coated cereal out on your lined cookie sheet.
- Melt white chocolate, if you do this in the microwave, you can place on high for 30 seconds to 60 seconds or until stirred smooth. Just be sure not to get it too hot and to stop and stir about every 20 seconds.
- Using a food storage bag, cut off the corner, pour white chocolate into the bag and use it to drizzle white chocolate on top of the Chex mix.
- Sprinkle with festive sprinkles or glitter and allow to cool about 10 minutes.
The Sugar Cookie Chex Mix is AWESOME, but if you’re not big on the whole sugar cookie idea, you can also give other Chex Mix recipes a try like Chocolate Caramel Drizzles and Muddy Buddies Chex Mix. You can find the Sugar Cookie Chex Mix, Chocolate Caramel Drizzles, and Muddy Buddies Chex Mix recipe when you visit Chex.com.