Raise your hand if you like chewy sugar cookies! They’re YUMMY, and you’re not going to want to miss out on them! Plus, they might make a nice addition to your holiday dessert; they’re easy to make and taste great. My oldest daughter wants me to make her more chewy sugar cookies. Who’s ready for Christmas? Do you already have your meal planned? I know we don’t, I’ve waited for my sister and she had to go and sleep all darn day yesterday, lol.
Raise your hand if you like chewy sugar cookies? I know I sure do, they’re also my oldest daughter’s favorite cookie ever, but they have to be just right. She likes them chewy and not too crazy sweet. I know you think sugar cookies, and they are sweet, but not nearly as sweet as some of the other cookies out there.
Here is an awesome recipe for Country Crock® Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup of Country Crock® Spread
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg (large)
- 2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 ½ Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp salt
Let’s bake these chewy sugar cookies… You ready.
- First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing brown, combine the Country Crock® with sugar and mix with electric mixer until light and fluffy in texture. About three minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and egg, you might want to scrap the sides of the bowl from time to time to keep it from sticking. Continue until blended.
- Beat in the baking powder, flour, and salt.
- Shape the dough into balls of about two tablespoons. Place on ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Now press balls into 2 ½-inch circles.
- Bake for about 14 minutes or until the edges is a golden color. You might want to check a little before the 14-minute mark, sometimes cookies can cook for about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 2 minute on a cooling rack. Remove cookies from sheet to cool completely.
Decorate for added sweetness and fun!
- Stir 4 teaspoons warm water into 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Tin with food color, if desired and sprinkle on cookies and sprinkle with sprinkles.