This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc but the content and opinions are my own.
I love the holiday season, it’s filled with family, laughter, and family traditions. I love family traditions, especially all the traditional holiday recipes. One of my favorite holiday dishes is this Creamy Sausage Pesto Tortellini recipe we have every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s easy to make and a family favorite.
Plus, the girls and I get to spend a little time together, shopping for our holiday gatherings together has become sort of a tradition. Believe it or not, we have loads of fun shopping together at Sam’s Club.
Creamy Sausage Pesto Tortellini Recipe
To make this yummy pasta dish you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Jimmy Dean® Sausage
- 2 packages tortellini (9 ounces)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- About 20 fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons Pesto with Basil
- 3 cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the Creamy Sausage Pesto Tortellini recipe follow the below directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare the baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Roll ¼ to ½ of Jimmy Dean® Sausage roll into little balls and cook over medium heat until cooked. Set aside.
- Prepare tortellini pasta as directed on the packaging but stop cooking pasta about 5 minutes early.
- On medium heat add olive oil to a large skillet and sauté mushrooms. Once mushrooms are tender add garlic, butter, and mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms are soft and garlic is fragrant. Stir in pesto sauce and cook on low for about 1 minute.
- Add flour to milk and whisk until there are no lumps and add to sauté onions and mushrooms.
- Add cheese and stir until melted and milk sauce starts to thicken.
- Add Jimmy Dean® Sausage Meatballs and cook on medium-low heat for about 2 minutes, add fresh spinach and allow to cook for about 1-2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Pour cooked tortellini pasta in the baking pan and pour sauce on top and mix together.
- Place in the oven on 350 degrees for about 10 minutes, then sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and allow to bake until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
My family also has had a lifelong tradition of eating Christmas breakfast together. Everyone comes in their PJ’s, it’s nothing fancy, just a way to enjoy one another’s company and start the day without any stress. Oh, and its tradition to have biscuits and gravy on Christmas morning. It’s something many of our family members look forward to. My kids look forward to Christmas breakfast more than our big meal.
Shopping at Sam’s Club not only makes shopping for holiday gatherings easier but also saves money, time and I can purchase enough of everything I need. Seriously, like Wright brand bacon or Jimmy Dean® Sausage. I can purchase a 2-pound roll at Sam’s Club which is enough for my Creamy Sausage Pesto Tortellini and biscuits and gravy on Christmas morning. It’s a win-win!
Entertaining family and friends for the holidays can be stressful enough without the added stress of feeding everyone. Remember with Sam’s Club you can stock up because they have large pack sizes and don’t forget about all their other Club member benefits, holiday decor and more.