The fourth of July is creeping upon us. Before you know it, the festivities will soon begin. I recently made this delicious Red White & Blue Cupcakes Recipe for the family and they loved every last one of them until they were gone lol. It is fun to get together and bake with the kiddo’s.
I will be making these red white & blue cupcakes for my 4th of July cookout too. I usually will bring a few goodies and since making these recently I decided that I wanted to make these this year for our get together. They are delicious and pretty. I am confident that my friends and family will enjoy them as well.
DELICIOUS RED WHITE & BLUE CUPCAKES RECIPE
Okay, let’s get started on this yummy 4th of July cupcakes recipe. What do you say?
To make these delicious red white & blue cupcakes you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted sweet cream butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cups whole milk, room temp
- Red and blue gel colors
For the frosting you’ll need the following:
- 1 C softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
Okay, let’s get to making this wonderful 4th of July cupcakes shall we:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Put sugar , flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer for about 1 1/2 minutes. Mix well.
- Scoop in the butter mixing on medium to low speed for about 2 minutes.
- The batter will have an appearance of small crumble pieces.
- Whisk the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla together until the texture is smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture in with the dry ingredients beating until combined on medium.
- Reduce speed to low while gradually adding milk to the above mixture. (Batter may be thin and watery.)
- Scoop the batter into 2 bowls for the red and blue colors.
- First, spoon the red batter into the cupcake liners. You’ll be filling the liners about 3/4 of the way full, leave enough room to add blue and white mix.
- Next spoon in the blue cupcake mix.
- Finally, you’re going to need to spoon in the white cupcake mix.
- Once the blue and red are mixed, spoon red into the bottom of the lined cupcake tins, add in white batter, then the blue.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
It’s time to make the red white and blue frosting:
- Add all ingredients except the cream into the standing mixing bowl.
- If the frosting still looks like powdery pebbles then add in the heavy cream.
- Mix until stiff peaks form.
- Split into three bowls, leaving one bowl white.
- Add the red and blue coloring to the 2 other bowls.
- Mix colors
- Place your piping bag with a star tip into a tall glass and fold the bag over the sides and scoop some red, white and blue frosting. Each color should be in its own area on the inside of the bag. Repeat with the red and white frosting colors. Doing this will make the frosting go on the cupcakes smooth and easily. YourRed White & Blue cupcakes should turn out perfectly for your 4th of July Festivities.
- Enjoy your super yummy and festive cupcakes!
That’s it! The recipe for these yummy red white and blue cupcakes are yours to enjoy! Of courses, our Patriotic Cupcakes didn’t last long with the kids out for summer!
If you would like to print this recipe off you can do so using the below widget.
I hope yu enjoyed our Red White & Bleu Cupcakes! Here are a few other red white & blue recipes we think you might enjoy:
I hope you enjoy this Delicious Red White & Blue Cupcakes Recipe as much as we did
What a colorful treat! Love how the colors turn out great! Beautiful and creative!