This is my first time making Blue Curacao Cupcakes. This recipe has curacao liqueur. For those of you that do not know what that is or have never heard of it, I will explain. It is a liquid that has an orange flavor to it. More like a citrus flavor with coloring added.
These cupcakes are delicious and have a blue color to them. If you like citrus tastes, then you will like these cupcakes. Between the blue curacao, cream of coconut, and the pineapple juice, the citrus really comes out. It isn’t really that strong to my surprise, but you still get the amazing flavors from these cupcakes.
Arent’ they beautiful? I sure think that they turned out very pretty. I can’t leave out the deliciousness.
These Blue Curacao Cupcakes were a favorite for the adults that came to a recent party that I had here at home. I invited friends and family over for dinner and treats. We watched movies, played sporting games outside and let me tell you; they were a hit. I made a bunch of these and am I sure glad that I did. There were only three left after the party. Everyone there enjoyed them and kept asking how I made them. I shared the recipe with them and a friend has already made them for her husband and his friends and they were a favorite as well to them.
I definitely recommend that you try these amazing Blue Curacao Cupcakes for yourself, then come back here and let me know if you liked them. Did you make these for anyone special? How did they turn out for you? If you make these, be sure to follow the recipe on the below recipe card, so that you can get the wonderful results that I myself and my friend did. You will be surprised and proud of yourself after doing so.
Blue Curacao Cupcakes
I hope you enjoy this Blue Curacao Cupcake recipe as much as we think you will. Don’t forget to share your pictures with us if you make it!
- ½ cup Blue Curacao Liqueur
- ½ cup Cream Of Coconut
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 C pineapple juice
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- blue gel food coloring
- 1 C soft unsalted butter
- 4 + C powder sugar
- 4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk together the Blue Curacao Liqueur, cream of coconut, egg whites, vegetable oil, pineapple, sugar, vanilla and blue gel food coloring.
- Slowly add 1/3 of the dry mixture at a time to the wet mixture stirring directly after each addition until all of the dry mixture has been added and incorporated.
- Batter maybe a little lumpy.
- Fill each lined cupcake tin to 2/3 of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the cupcake pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from the cupcake pan placing each one on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter and powder sugar until it looks light and creamy.
- If it doesn't cream add several drops of the heavy whipping cream until it creams.
- Test to see if the frosting can form and hold a stiff peak by taking a spoonful of frosting and turning the spoon upside down
- If the frosting stays on the spoon it is ready if not then....
- Add more powder sugar 1/2 C at a time. Mix well.
- Test to make sure that the frosting can make and hold a stiff peak.
- If ready scoop the frosting into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Twist the open end of the pastry bag to push the frosting to the tip.
- Start by frosting on the outside edge of the cupcake working to the center of the cupcake.
More great cupcake recipes: