This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of FrogTape for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
We have been remodeling parts of our home, recently added on 2000 square feet to our home, and I just love it! I am so excited to get started on the diy projects I have planned, and it’s really helped me start to get back in touch with my creative side. I kind of lost that part of me when I started working at the bank. We have a lot of work to be done, so we are focusing on one room at a time, and decided to tackle my bathroom first. It’s the smallest room, and let’s face it a do it yourself bathroom remodel is pretty easy, especially with the help of FrogTape® NEW Texture Surface™.
Since we just added our bathroom on three years ago we just wanted to change it up. You know, give it that new feel again, and since it’s the bathroom we both decided to stay away from all the bright colors I typically love so much. We stuck with the same colors we had before. Here is what we did to get our bathroom looking sharp again, and the best thing is that it cost right at $100 with the paint and all.
- Shower curtain – If you want to give your bathroom a new fresh look start with a shower curtain, it’s a great way to change things up, and if you are more brave than I, you can change the colors too. I stuck with the same colors, just a new shower curtain with a new design.
- Towels – Grab some new towels. You can normally find them on sale, and they to help change the look of things. Great thing is you only new a few, and maybe a face cloth or two.
- Rugs – I was able to purchase 2 new rugs, and got a great price on them. I really needed rugs, because the last ones I had I tossed because when Trip was a puppy he chewed on them. Since it’s going to be winter before we know it, and tile floors are COLD in the winter I budgeted for rugs too.
- Paint – You don’t have to change the color of your bathroom. I added a fun strip all around the bathroom, same color all the way around, and since it’s the bathroom I didn’t use a bright color. I am trying to stick with a light brown, dark brown, and a mushroom taupe . The stripe I added is a lighter shade brown color, and I am going to add words, quotes, and saying that mean something to me in dark brown, inside the stripe. I wished I would have had a little more time today so I could have had a least one section of the wall done, but I have enough to give you an idea of the direction I am going. Once it’s finished I will be sure to share a picture of it, because I think it’s going to look great. I used stencils on the first few I did, but will also do some in my handwriting too. I just cannot wait!
- FrogTape® Textured Surface™ – If you want sharp, perfect lines than you have to try FrogTape Textured Surface. Whether you are a diy pro, just getting in touch with your creative side like me, or a contractor you are going to love this stuff!
If you know me, than you know I typically like bright colors. After using the FrogTape® Textured Surface™ I cannot wait to get started on my bedroom, plus I have some AWESOME patterns I want to use. I will be going in to get the paint in the morning! Don’t worry I will for sure post about it. Another room I cannot wait to tackle with the FrogTape® Textured Surface is my kitchen, I have a fun design I want to put in there and the texture tape is going to be the perfect tape to do it.
Let me tell you a little more about this AWESOME NEW FrogTape® Textured Surface, because you are going to love it! FrogTape® Texture Surface™ is the perfect sharp paint line solution. It’s the first time I have been able to achieve a perfectly straight line on a textured wall, and trust me we broke it in. Our bathroom is heavily textured, as you can see in the above image.
Only one of the walls in our bathroom is a little overly textured, and it’s because it was the very first wall my husband and I ever textured. It took one wall to learn how to use everything, and I was honestly surprised anything worked on this wall. The FrogTape® NEW Textured Surface did an outstanding job in providing the sharp lines we wanted. Now that I know how well it works, I am chomping at the bit to get more creative with it.
How FrogTape® NEW Textured Surface works
FrogTape® Textured Surface works for most common textured surfaces thanks to the Liquid PaintBlock® Edge Sealer™. The Liquid PaintBlock® Edge Sealer™ technology helps deliver super-duper share paint lines, it’s totally easy to use, and will not leave you frustrated. Simple read the directions, and get to work. It’s GREAT for stripes, and I cannot wait to use it for a few patterns and designs I have cooked up for other rooms in our home.
FrogTape® Textured Surface is treated with patented Liquid PaintBlock® Edge Sealer™, which is a super-super, totally awesome absorbent polymer, and it reacts with the water in latex paint and gels to form a micro-barrier that seals edges of the tape to help prevent the paint from dripping down into the tape.
How To Use FrogTape® NEW Textured Surface
Using FrogTape® NEW Textured Surface is surprisingly easy. I thought it was going to be a little more difficult than it was. If you are thinking about using FrogTape® NEW Textured Surface for a project in your home, all you’ll need to do is:
- Apply FrogTape® NEW Texture Surface™ like you would normally apply painting tape.
- Use a damp cloth and go over the FrogTape® Texture Surface™ tape.
- Now apply the edge sealer to the side of FrogTape® NEW Texture Surface™ you want to keep paint out of.
- Wait 15 minutes for the PaintBlock® Technology to do it’s thing so you can have sharp lines.
- Begin painting! It’s that easy, not even joking!
We are super happy with our diy bathroom project thanks to FrogTape Textured Surface!
Be sure to swing by and check out FrogTape® on Pinterest for ideas for your next diy project.
What would you use FrogTape® (the makers of Shape Tape™) NEW Texture Surface™ tape for in your home?