Every day of the week, I am go go go!! Between carting around the kids to school and their various activities, caring for my horses, working, cleaning the house and just basic mom and wife duties, it is hard to get a tasty dinner on the table. It is sometimes just easier to order in pizza and not have dishes to clean, after being on the go all evening. I was talking to a friend, and she introduced me to this amazing thing called Dump Dinners.
This amazing new thing is pretty much where you dump your dinner in the crockpot or oven dish and cook until done. Now there is a little more work that goes into it than that. On your grocery day, you can prepare all of your meals for the week. You do this by placing all the ingredients into a freezer gallon bag and marking it done. This includes diced onions, cut up veggies or whatever you need for dinner that night. A lot of people go ahead and cook their meats, but I do not. It can take about 30 minutes to prepare for weeks worth of meals or an hour for two weeks. Why I love this is because you can get all of your dicings and prepare done in just a few minutes. Check out this list of my favorite Dump Dinners.
- Crock Pot Taco Soup – I love tacos!! Seriously, I could eat them all day long. I found this Crock Pot Taco Soup from Passion For Savings. It would be so easy to place all these ingredients in a gallon freezer bag for a quick weeknight meal.
- Chicken Parmesan – Who doesn’t love chicken? In case you did not know I love food. When I found this Chicken Parmesan from Happy Go Lucky Blog, I couldn’t wait to give it a try. It looks so delicious.
- Lazy Sunday Pot Roast – On Sunday’s, the last thing that I want to do is stand in a kitchen cooking all day. Check out the Lazy Sunday Pot Roast from The Fraggle Momma! She also lists a few other dump dinners.
- Pizza Pasta Casserole – One of my families most favorite meals is when I order pizza! Pizza makes everything alright, and the world goes around. I have baked this Pizza Pasta Casserole from The Seasoned Mom, and it has replaced pizza night.
- Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken – Living in New Mexico, a lot of my favorites will have a spicier theme. Mexican cuisines are a staple in our household. One of our favorites is the Crock Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken from Crock-Pot Ladies. This is perfect with a side of black beans and Spanish rice.
- White Chicken Lasagna Soup – Here is another one that can be prepared ahead and put in a freezer bag. I can’t wait to try the White Chicken Lasagna Soup from Carls Bad Cravings.
- Lemon Garlic Chicken – This recipe I have made several times before. I use the smaller cuts of chicken to make it easier for my kids to eat. Check out the Lemon Garlic Chicken from One Good Thing by Jillee.
- Sweet Fire Chicken – When my husband and I get the rare evening to ourselves, we love to make takeout. One of our favorites is this Sweet Fire Chicken from Creme de la Crumb. It’s better than takeout! It is delicious over sticky rice.
- Sweet Fire Chicken – This one is so easy!! Literally, my girls can prepare this one and even dump it in the crockpot. It’s the Ranch Pork Chops from Recipe Book and More.
- Crock Pot Beer Braised Chicken – Last, but certainly not least, is the Crock Pot Beer Braised Chicken from Half Baked Harvest. This is a dish that is packed full of flavor!
There you have it, folks! These are just a few of my favorite dump dinners. Dump cooking is becoming very popular, and I have found it to be a money saver as well as a time saver! Do you have a favorite dump recipe? Let me know in the comments below.