The colder it gets outside the more I find myself baking and filling my house with the wonderful holiday smells. The kids and I have started plotting holiday crafts, and finally decided on a few DIY ideas for the holidays, but I think we’re going to do gingerbread cookies in a mason jar as gifts. We did choclate chip coockies one year and everyone loved them, this year it’s gingerbread man cookies in a jar.
If you’re looking for some DIY ideas for the holidays we have several we think you’ll enjoy! They’re easy, fun, and inspired by some super scents!
I received some of the Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection, and just like the fall scents, I’m addicted! I love them all, went out and purchased enough to last me a little while lol. I can help it, this is my favorite of the year, and it’s my addiction – at least my house smells good lol.
What you’re going to need:
- ½-cup ground coffee
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 to 4 drops of vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix in oil and vanilla using a fork.
- Use a spoon and move all coffee scrub into a airtight container or mason jar that is cute for gifting.
Things you’re going to need
- Large jar (I like mason jars because they look great)
- Paper, gingerbread man cookies butter
- 1 ¾ cup of flour
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 1 ¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1tsp all spice
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pour ingredients into cookie jar in the order listed above. Fasten lid and attach cookie cutter to jar with ribbon.
What you are going to need
- Wire hanger
- Craft beads
- Hot glue
- Febreze Air Effects
- Glue a bead to the base of each pinecone
- Thread the wire hanger through the beads until the whole hanger is filled with pinecones.
- Tie ribbon at top, and lightly spray around with your favorite Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection scent.
- You can also spray painting it any color you choose to brighten it up, or make it match something. Happy scenting!
Here are a few more great DIY ideas for the holidays thanks to Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection:
What do you think about the awesome DIY almond topiaries? Pretty creative right, and it’s inspired by the wonderful Febreze Toasted Almond Scent!
I love buying the cocoa covered almonds from the store, but never thought about making my own… Not only is it easy, it sure would be nice with some Toasted Almond scent from the Home for the Holidays Collection.
Now this is neat, the Apple Tabletop Tree inspired by the Apple Tart scent…
Another one inspired by Apple Tart scent, check out how easy it is to make these Apple Tarts, and don’t the look so yummy? I’ll be making some of these when I put on my Apple Tart Febreze.
You might have read our post about the Febreze Fall Collection, which we loved! Well, the Home for the Holidays Collection is as good, maybe even a little sweeter, I’m not too sure… I know the Vanilla Late scent makes me want to make another coffee drink like I did with the fall cents only add a cinnamon stick for something a little more fun.
- Apple Tart – I love the smell of apple, it whiteout a doubt makes me think of the holidays, and it’s one of my favorite holiday smells. Febreze Apple Tart is amazing, a mouthwatering scent of succulent baked apples sprinkled with sugar and spice. If you like the smell of anything apple baking on the holidays then you’ll love Apple Tart by Febreze.
- Sugared Cranberry – Oh yummy, I have never tried sugared cranberries, but I do love cranberries and the smell of Febreze Sugared Cranberry.
- Toasted Almond – One of my favorite things is almonds, and that’s any time of year. The Toasted Almond Febreze is AWESOME! Imagine the richness of buttery almonds with a touch of sweetness behind a warm fire.
- Frosted Pine – One thing I miss about living back home with my mom and dad is the pine scent first thing in the morning. The scent of being back home. This amazing earthy fragrance smells like fresh cut family pine tree.
- Vanilla Latte – I’m not sure what is not to love about the sweet vanilla and spices in steamed milk to warm your spirts this holiday season.
Be sure to swing by Walmart.com and learn more about the Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection! Don’t ask me to choose a favorite, it’s too hard this time of year, lol. I am not even joking, I drive my husband crazy becasue this is the only time o fyear I put different scents in different rooms. I love it, his nose gets confused, and everything will go back to normal after the holidays lol!
Have you tried any of the Febreze Home for the Holidays Collection? If so what’s your favorite and if not, which one will you be trying first?