I made love it when I can toss dinner or parts of dinner in the crockpot and let it cook while I get other things done during the day. It makes life and great game night dinner ideas like this easy Game Day Chicken Fajita Taco Boats recipe possible! Okay, so I couldn’t have made this awesome game day recipe without the help of several Old El Paso products, but it does make the recipe a whole lot easier and less time consuming.
To Make this easy Game Day Chicken Fajitas Taco Boats recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 to 6 Chicken breasts
- Olive Oil
- Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- Fajita Seasoning
- 1 White Onion
- Old El Paso Refried Beans
- Old El Paso Boats
- Sour Cream
Let’s get to creating this quick and easy dinner recipe:
- You can cook the chicken however you like. I tossed mine in the crockpot and allowed it to cook while I got other things done during the day. Cook the chicken until I could easily shred it using two forks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once the chicken is cooked and shredded place in a pan with olive oil and seasoning.
- Mix and add sliced peppers, onion and 1 cup of water and allow to boil
- Once water starts boiling, turn it down and allow it to simmer until all water is cooked out.
- While chicken is simmering grab cook, Old El Paso refried beans on the stovetop as directed on the can.
- Line baking pan with Old El Paso Taco Boats, add about two spoonfuls of beans into each taco boat. Repeat until all taco boats have a layer of refried beans.
- Now fill each taco boat with chicken fajita mixture, top with cheese and place in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and melted.
- Remove from oven, add toppings and enjoy.
Thanks to Old El Paso I was able to take my Chicken Fajita recipe and turn it into something unforgettable on game night. The Old El Paso Taco Boats put a fun, fresh twist on a recipe that I’ve been making for years! I don’t even think my kids realized it was the same recipe, just put into these super fun taco boats, lol. If I can fool them, I’m doing great, because they notice everything and are the first ones to call me out when I change things up on them.
Don’t you just love this recipe? They were a huge hit Sunday; there wasn’t even a Chicken Fajita Taco Boat left when everyone went home.
The Game Day Chicken Fajita Taco Boats is a recipe you’ll see on game night again, everyone loved it, cooking it was easy, and it’s such a fun recipe, and I got everything from our local Walmart. Okay, I didn’t think of this alone, I had my daughter with me, and she helped a whole lot by sitting calmly in the basket and writing. Yes, believe it or not, I had a child with me, and it was a stress-free trip. Rarely is anything stresses-free when I take Mattie along lol? I love her, but omg she never stops. What I wouldn’t do a quarter of her energy. I could get so much done in a day, man and still have a few hours to relax.
On our stress-free trip to Walmart, Mattie and I found the Old El Paso Taco Boats and she immediately wanted me to use them for dinner. So I put on my thinking cap, grabbed some Old El Paso refried beans, and made a beeline get some chicken. I knew I could make something fun and different using Old El Paso products. I mean, everyone loves tacos and burritos in my house. I knew the Old El Paso Taco Boat Mini’s would be a huge win, plus put a fun twist on a recipe everyone already loves.
I knew the Old El Paso Taco Boat Mini’s would be a huge win, especially if I teamed them with a can of Old El Paso refried beans. Plus put a fun twist on a recipe everyone already loves. There are so many great Old El Paso products at Walmart to help you spice up your next Game Day recipe, be sure to swing by and check them all out at Walmart.com.
The Game Day Chicken Fajita Taco Boats recipe is sure to score you some touchdowns!