Does anyone else love the Minions? Okay, so I guess a better question would be who doesn’t like the Minions right? I can honestly say I am yet to meet a person who doesn’t love the Minions and they are one of my favorites. I love all the Minions recipes, like these fun Minions Rice Krispy Treats, the movies, and OMG all the funny meme’s that are floating around the internet.
The Minions meme’s always made my day a little brighter and I’m willing to get these Minions Rice Krispy Treats will make any gathering or party a little brighter and more fun too. Showing up with these to a gathering you’ll surely be the hit of the party. I know I would think you were the coolest person EVER to bring something different and fun. The fact that it’s such an easy treat makes you smart too. I know right you can’t go wrong being the coolest smart person EVER!
These super fun little Rice Krispy Minions are super easy to make, taste great and will surely make you the hit of just about any party!
Easy Minions Rice Krispy Treats Recipe
To make these Minions Rice Krispy Treats you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of Rice Krispy treats
- 1 bag of yellow candy melts
- 1 bag of dark blue candy melts
- 1 container of small edible eyes
- 1 tube of black cookie icing
- 1 tube of gray cookie icing
- 1 large cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 2 pots to use as a double boiler
- Unwrap the Rice Krispy treats and set aside
- Add water into the bottom pot and place on the stove on medium to high heat.
- Once the water starts simmering add the second pot on top and add the blue candy melts into the top pot and randomly stir the candy melts until they are completely melted.
- Dip half of the Rice Krispy treat into the blue candy melt and then place onto the parchment paper.
- Once all of the Rice Krispy treats have been half dipped, place into the fridge for 10 minutes to harden.
- While the treats are in the fridge, clean the pot with the blue candy melt so that you get ready to melt the yellow candy melt
- Once the yellow candy melt has been melted, pull out the treats.
- Dip the top half of the treat into the yellow candy melt.
- Place onto the parchment paper
- While the yellow is still wet, place on the edible eyes
- Using the gray icing, pipe a ‘frame’ around the eyes
- Using the black icing, pipe on the side frames
- And smiles and hair using the black icing.
If you would like to print this recipe off you can do so using the below recipe card. Enjoy!
Here are a few other fun Minions recipe ideas: