If you have been following my reviews then you know by now I am a bit of a fashion and accessory nut!! My weakness is jewelry, but when I come across any accessory that will make my outfit “pop” I grab it up with a quickness. I like how they can take an ordinary outfit remake it into something that makes a “WOW” statement, and really makes you stand out from the crowd. I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am to bring you this review from 9th & Elm.
Is Fashion Your Passion? Here are a few tips to go by when choosing a great accessory,
- Evaluate what is appropriate for the occasion. Should it be flashy and fun? If so, wear something colorful. Or are you looking for simple elegance? If this is the case, don’t wear anything very large or colorful.
- Make sure the color of the jewelry matches the color of the clothing . Color mismatching is a thing of the 1990s. Not only does it look juvenile, but it also appears that a person is fashionably inept.
- Be sure that colors are complementary (e.g., red and green).
- Note that some colors look great with all others (e.g., silver, black, gold, white, and brown can be paired with almost anything).
- Be aware of the neckline of the clothing. It will determine the length of the earrings and whether or not you wear a necklace. If you wear a top or a dress with a plunging neckline, you probably want to wear a necklace. If it doesn’t show a lot of skin, don’t wear a necklace; wear larger earrings.
- If you are wearing your hair down, larger earrings are necessary to stand out. Wearing your hair up gives an all-around better view of the earrings.
Clothing and jewelry should be rather harmonized. Harmony is appealing to the eye. So don’t overdo it. And that goes for all accessories (e.g., purses: Don’t wear a giant purse with a little black dress. A small sophisticated clutch is definitely the way to go).
p>I recently had the opportunity to review two of 9th & Elm’s designer products. A Leopard Print Scarf & the Black-Lime i-Glow phone case. I really like the i-Glow phone case!! As you know phone cases are extremely popular right now just about every single person I know is using them. The great thing about phone cases are you can interchange them to mix & match with any outfit.
I chose this particular phone case because I was looking for a casual case that would stand out, well nothing draws attention more that something that glows in the dark, right? Not only is this phone case stylish, it also has a compartment on the back to hold either a credit card or an I.D. card. I love this! All I have to do is slide it into my back pocket and head out the door.
I’m really into animal print so when I saw this leopard print scarf I had to have it!! This gorgeous scarf is so chic & soft, it has become my favorite out of my collection!! Two great tips to wearing your print scarf are,
- General rule of thumb when it comes to looking chic in a print scarf is to avoid putting on a lot of colors in the same outfit. This puts more highlight on the scarf, and your superb taste!!
- If you’re wearing a multi-colored scarf, keep your clothes simple or make sure to choose a print that picks up the color of the outfit you’re wearing it with.
Because scarves are a versatile fashion accessory, you will find them at the top of my everyone must-have list. Use scarves as a quick way to pump up your wardrobe, or bring new life to an old outfit. I recommend hand washing and air drying all your scarves for the best longevity. Instead of hanging them on a hook, fold your scarves neatly while storing them, and if needed lightly steam the scarf before wearing.
I cannot resist a fabulous sale on a unique item, this is why I love 9th & Elm !! What is really awesome is that they work with handmade products & independent designers to provide exciting, stylish, and unique fashionable products. Another really great thing about 9th & Elm is they work hard to bring us the very best designs out on the market today and they carry both independent designer & handmade products. At 9th & Elm, although some sales are permanent, most last anywhere from 5-10 days. I love it, shop on!!
Don’t miss out on another fabulous deal be sure to follow 9th & Elm on all their social networks,