Weight gain can be a difficult issue to deal with. Many people are not able to maintain their weight and keep it at the same level. Some people are even gaining weight as they age. This is a problem that many people need to deal with in their lives.
There are many reasons why someone might be gaining weight as they age. One of the most common reasons is that it is more difficult for our bodies to process certain foods and nutrients because we have less capacity for them as we get older. Another is choosing an unhealthy lifestyle and not taking care of yourself. A ton of weight gain can lead to obesity which gives way to a lot of issues in the future. We have talked to a few experts in order to help you figure out what might be causing your weight gain and what to do about it.
1. Poor Diet Choices
Poor diet choices are the leading cause of weight gain. Eating healthy is a great way to lose weight and keep it off.
What to eat to lose weight:
– Eat breakfast every day. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it gives you energy for the day and helps you control your appetite throughout the morning.
– Eat whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins like chicken or fish at every meal. These are all low-carb foods that will help you lose weight quickly.
– Drink plenty of water so that your body stays hydrated and energized throughout the day.
-Avoid processed foods with a lot of preservatives and sugar.
2. Insufficient Physical Activity
Physical activity is one of the most beneficial things you can do for your health. It helps with weight loss, stress reduction, and even mental health.
However, not everyone has the time or energy to go to the gym or go on a walk each day. In this case, it is important to find effective exercises that don’t require that much physical activity.
The following are some exercises that can be done at home:
1) Pushups- To do pushups, start by getting into a plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders and feet spread wide apart on the floor. Slowly lower yourself down until your chest almost touches the floor and then push up again.
2) Plank- Start by lying face down on the ground with your arms stretched out in front of you and palms flat against the ground. Slowly raise yourself up so that only your toes and forearms are touching the ground. Hold this position for as long as possible without letting your hips sag.
3. Thyroid Conditions or Issues
The thyroid is a small gland that is found in the front of the neck. It produces hormones that regulate metabolism, heart rate, and other bodily functions. Thyroid issues can cause weight gain and a number of other symptoms. The thyroid gland controls how much energy your body uses. When the thyroid is not working properly, it will produce too much or too little hormone which will affect your weight and metabolism.
These three conditions are caused by an imbalance in thyroid hormones:
– Hyperthyroidism: This condition occurs when there are excessive amounts of the hormone thyroxine in the bloodstream. Symptoms include weight loss, increased appetite, anxiety, irritability, and insomnia among others
– Hypothyroidism: This condition occurs when there are insufficient levels of thyroxine in the bloodstream
– Thyroiditis: This condition occurs when inflammation causes damage to the thyroid gland
4. Medical Issues that Might Be Causing Weight Gain
Medical issues that might be causing weight gain are typically something that is overlooked as a cause of the weight gain. This can be a problem since it can lead to other more serious problems and health conditions.
It is important to have a full physical examination done by a physician and have blood work done to check for any medical conditions that might be causing the weight gain. One such condition can be low testosterone. A lot of people are not aware that you can use testosterone therapy to improve quality of life as it can fix a ton of underlying issues such as hair loss, weight gain, and mood issues.
If nothing else, it will rule out any serious health concerns and allow you to focus on other possible causes of your weight gain.
5. Pills that Might Be Causing Weight Gain
Weight gain is a common side effect of many medications, such as antidepressants.
Some medications that cause weight gain include:
– Estrogen therapy
– Some diabetes drugs (insulin)
It is important to deal with underlying causes of weight gain at any age before it leads to obesity. Use this list to help you understand what might be causing this sudden change.