With the cooler weather setting in, more than likely you have begun, or will begin shortly to return to your yearly routine of taking your clothes, linens and blankets out of the closet for the fall and winter weather. Not many people enjoy ironing, but I promise, Rowenta will make the task quicker and easier. Be sure to get your start on ironing with Rowenta.
Get Your Ironing On
When I was between ten and twelve years old, I attended school with a classmate who’s mother made her iron her own clothing. At the time, I thought that the mother was really strict and was unreasonable for making her daughter do this chore; however, as I grew a bit older, I realized that this classmate was ready and able to accept this responsibility. Low and behold, after thinking of it, I asked my mother to teach me the proper way to iron clothing. She began by explaining the different types of materials and, of course, she taught me all the features of the iron itself. I can still hear her tell me that you always start ironing a shirt by the yoke. The sleeves come next, then the collar, and then the body of the shirt. I usually start with the right side of the shirt itself and work my way around to the back and then iron the left side, ironing the upper part of each side first in order to keep from getting wrinkles on the parts of the shirt that I just ironed. Of course, once the shirt is completely ironed, I then go back and fold the collar down and iron a crease in the collar for a more professional look.
Now, I know I taught my daughter the “proper” way to iron (in my opinion), but discussing this recently, she has devised her own method of ironing her clothing. Everyone has a different method, and that’s okay. I believe the lesson my mother taught me so early in life lead me to a lifelong attitude of being neatly pressed, despite all the wash and wear fabrics on the market today. The same goes for my household items like my table cloths and napkins.
Unlike my grandmother who designated a certain day for all of her chores: washing and ironing, etc., I do not have a specific day to iron, but instead iron my clothing the day before I plan to wear the outfit. Since I no longer work outside of the house, the need to be neatly pressed has waivered quite a bit. Sure, I do iron my clothing before any major functions that I attend, or doctor appointments and the like, but the majority of the time, I like to relax and be comfortable in my blue jeans and T shirt. However, when I do iron, I like to use an iron that I can trust not to burn my clothing, as well as one that will shorten the process…an iron such as the Rowenta SteamCare Iron.
Through the generosity of Rowenta, I received a Rowenta SteamCare Iron in exchange for my honest opinion about this product.
Unlike any other iron on the market, the DW3 SteamCare Iron safely and seamlessly removes wrinkles from any type of fabric, no matter how delicate or difficult, without the need for manual thermostat adjustments. Whether ironing cashmere, silk, wool, or polyester, the DW3 SteamCare’s unique Tri-Plate technology delivers professional, failsafe results without the risk of shine or burn.
FEATURES OF THE ROWENTA STEAMCARE IRON:
- One Smart Temperature: Automatically adjusts the iron’s heat settings to remove wrinkles from any fabric, with no manual adjustment necessary.
- Tri-Plate Technology: Ensures 100% safe and efficient ironing on even the most delicate fabrics, such as silk, cashmere, wool, and polyester, without the risk of shine or burn.
- Limescale Removal and Self-Cleaning System: Collects and removes mineral deposits caused by hard water to optimize performance and extend the product’s longevity.
- Microsteam350 Soleplate: 350 fully-activated Microsteam holes deliver optimal steam distribution, while a round shape ensures smooth ironing to prevent creasing.
- Multiple Steam Setting Options: 1600 watts of steam power can be channeled through the iron’s auto-steam, steam burst, or fine mist spray settings to tackle wrinkles on any fabric.
- Burst of Steam: Highly powerful 100-gram steam shot dissolves stubborn and hard-to-reach wrinkles from difficult fabrics.
- Vertical Steam: Versatile product design allows for effortless use in the upright position to remove wrinkles from drapes and hanging garments.
- Precision Tip: Tackles difficult-to-reach wrinkles on pockets, pleats, and collars.
- 8.45 Ounce Water Tank: Provides 20 minutes of uninterrupted high-performance steaming.
- Automatic Shut-Off Safety Feature: Prevents damage caused by overheating.
(Retail Price: $69.95)
ROWENTA® is the leading manufacturer of high-performance steam irons, garment steamers and home appliances. Technology and design are at the core of each and every one of their products. Rowenta USA is headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. and is a division of Groupe SEB USA.
Ironing with the Rowenta SteamCare Iron is a breeze. There are several factors that I love about this iron. First, the iron glides across your clothing with ease at the correct temperature without having to keep adjusting the settings for different fabrics. Thus, eliminating any burn marks you get with other irons. Additionally, just look at the number of steamvent holes, which cover a larger area, thus decreasing the time it takes you to iron a particlar article of clothing. Furthermore, this iron is self-cleaning. I have never owned an iron that cleaned itself. I also love the fact that the cord on the iron swivels, thus handling is much easier. The best feature of the iron though is the fact that it is manufactured to be used with ordinary tap water, which saves the cost of purchasing distilled water. Oh, another factor that is super great is that you are able to get in tight spaces with this iron’s precision tip. It works amazingly well getting around the buttons on your shirt or blouse and those hard to reach areas.
In addition to the Rowenta SteamCare Iron, the company also carries a variety of other products to make your life easier and more enjoyable. Be sure to check out their website for the Rowenta SteamCare Iron, as well as other linen care items or home comfort items. The Rowenta SteamCare Iron is currently available at Macys.com.
You can make ironing a chore which you actually enjoy, since you will be spending much less time and obtain much better results, as long as you start your ironing with Rowenta.