Teaching your toddler how to ride a tricycle isn’t tough at all, you can actually teach them how to pedal a tricycle in a matter of minutes. If you compare teaching your tot table manors, potty training and telling them not to touch something over 1000 times, teaching them how to ride a tricycle is actually one of the easiest challenges you may face. We parents know that Kids love toys that let them get around scooters, ride-on toys, and trikes for toddlers certainly seems to be the “it” ride toy of choice. Our little Miss Novalee is ready to start learning how to peddle and maneuver a tricycle and we can’t think of a better, safer way to teach her than with the 4-1 Trike from little tikes!
7 Great Tips For Teaching Your Toddler How To Ride A Tricycle.
- Safety first- Use a properly fitting helmet on your tot’s head strapping it on securely, also use well fitting elbow and knees pads. Never allow your child to ride a tricycle or bicycle without wearing a helmet and protective gear.
- Trying it out- Take your tot to the store with you can have them give the tricycle in have in mind a test drive to make sure it’s easy for him to use and it’s a good fit. Also you can let them try out a friends or neighbors tricycle before hand.
- Proper size- Be sure the tricycle is the right size, small enough, enabling them to sit comfortably and at the right height, on the seat. Have them place both hands on the handlebars and both feet squarely on the pedals. Check to confirm your child’s knees are slightly bent at the full extension point of the pedals.
- Peddling- Since balancing the trike isn’t an issue, you can move right into pedaling lessons. Let your toddler know that the trick to moving the tricycle is pushing the pedals. You can help explain this to them by pushing the trike forward and slowly so they can get a visual and feel the around and around motion of the peddles while steering.
- Plenty of room- Have a clear open and safe area where you can work on pedaling without having to worrying about falls or obstacles. According to SchwinnBikes.com, a grassy location, about 30 yards, with a real slight downward slope works best.
- Giving it a go- While your child has their hands on the handlebars and their feet on the pedals, start to push them “slowly” on the tricycle. Remember, each time they take their feet off the pedals, stop pushing, then help them to reposition. Continuing to push your child slowly down the grassy slope as he is pedaling will help him become familiar with the process of pedaling.
- Patience- Practice makes perfect, continue to work with your child. This will help them to gain strength and great pedaling skills. Please don’t rush your child, depending upon your tot’s abilities, mastering trike riding & peddling may take days, weeks or even months, patience is a virtue!
The 4-1 Trike from little tikes was super easy to assemble, it took a whole 20 minutes right out of the box! This awesome tike trike is designed for children 9 months to 3 years of age and it has 4 Stages to grow with child. Stage 1-Guided (9+ months) Parents to push and control-When the blue waist bar is installed the child will be unable to turn the wheel. Stage 2-Learning (12+ months) Toddlers can learn how to pedal, child is unable to turn the wheel. Stage 3-Developing (18+ months) Remove the waist bar, child can now steer while parent still has control with the push bar. Stage 4-Independent (36+ months) Remove the push bar to let kids go on their own with parent supervision. The little tikes 4-1 trike is perfect for a toddler to learn the basics of pedaling a tricycle and is sized perfectly to fit short little legs.
We absolutely love that this type of 4-1 toddler gear not only makes our lives easier as parents but is of great educational value to children boosting their large motor skills, enhancing their confidence and teaching independence. Being that baby Novalee is in the beginning stages for trike riding we as parents are enjoying pushing her around. Look how happy this “little tike baby” is in her 4-1 trike.
Push handle lets parent control direction with 1 hand. I have to tell you this bad boy glides to perfection, great with turns and very sturdy. The foot rest fold up and out of the way while riding and the shade canopy is super cute, adjusting to any angle shielding your tot from the sun, best of all, it’s removable.
The adjustable, detachable parent push handle is remarkable, easy to grasp and it has three different levels that is sure to adjust to any height. Also, there is a convenient beverage holder located on the neck of the handle. The little tike 4-1 Trike is made with a durable metal/plastic construction definitely built to last.
With the super safe and easy to adjust, 5-point seat belt harness and protective safety bar your child will remain secure at all times. Novalee loves holding on to the bar as she rides along.
Th 4-1 trike has Non-slip pedals that are fabulous for little feet. these non slip pedals also helps your tot maintain their balance as they ride.
Designed with an extra large storage bucket with a dumping feature, makes it easy for you to load & unload a diaper bag, toys, bottles etc.. and your little one can have fun later on adding stuff in then dumping it out.
What’s fabulous is this wonderful trike has a seat that adjust 4 different positions to fit almost any size child, growing with your child, up to three years of age or 50 lbs.
Toddlers love anything on wheels and Our little Miss Novalee loves the 4-1 trike from little tikes!! Hey parents if you have a little one between the ages of 9 months to 3 years or know of someone who does, keep in mind the 4-1 Trike would make the perfect holiday gift!!
For more information on the complete little tike’s product line just visit the website!! You can also stay up to date on all the latest & greatest by following & liking their social networks,