Green Chili Cheeseburger Stuffed Onion Rings
Can you say YUM!!! These Green Chili Cheeseburger Onions Rings are out of this world and totally worth the time and clean up, trust me! My family loves them, and I’ll often buy a few extra onions rings and make them while I’m making the green chili cheeseburger rings and freeze them! The kids love them and I love that it saves me a little time!
What you’ll need to make the Green Chili Cheeseburger Onion Rings
- 1 pound of Ground Beef
- Green Chili (as desired)
- 2 large white onions
- Season as desired (I used garlic powder, season salt, salt, and pepper)
- Swiss cheese cut into small squares
- 2-4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2-4 cups breadcrumbs
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- Olive Oil
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, seasonings and green chili and mix.
- Slice onion into rings about ½ an inch thick. Separate all the rings and set aside.
- Pour flour into a small bowl, pour eggs into a small bowl, and breadcrumbs in a small bowl.
- Now stuff each onion ring half way full with ground beef mixture, place a cube of cheese into the center and finish stuffing the onion ring with ground beef mixture.
- Coat stuffed onion ring with flour (shake off extra), dip into eggs (coat well), and coat with bread crumbs. I dipped back into the eggs and coated for a second time with breadcrumbs because I love the thick, crunchy outsides.
- Heat grease and place each ring into the hot oil and allow to cool on one side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown flip and allow to cook on the other side for the same amount of time or until a beautiful golden brown color.
- To soak up some of the oil on the onion rings just lay a few paper towels over a plate. You can set the rings on them has they are finished cooking.
- Enjoy! Does that look amazing or what? It’s better than it looks too! Yup, and you can even make onion rings if you have a few leftover onion slices or you can do like me and set an alarm I don’t want up to.f you have any leftover onion rings (I always do and often cut up an extra onion) you can make onion rings. To do so repeat the above steps, just skip adding any of the meat into the center.
Enjoy, and FYI if you like green chili cheeseburgers and onion rings you will LOVE this! My mom used to make these for us every now and again growing up! I loved them then and love them now! This is something the whole family will do backflips for!
Here are a few more great recipes we think you’ll enjoy.