It’s amazing what dinner recipes one can come up with when they are in a pinch. I tend to make better meals when I’m budgeting than any other time. Like this Green Chili Sausage Enchilada Pasta Recipe did you know it cost me less than $10 to make and we even had enough leftovers for the following day.
To make this Green Chili Sausage Enchilada Pasta Recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 Barilla Blue Box Pasta Thin Spaghetti (1/2 pound)
- 1 package Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links (19 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ small white onion
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1 can green chili enchilada sauce (10-ounce cans)
- ½ teaspoon Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- 1 can black olives to garnish
- Cook, Barilla pasta as directed on packaging.
- While the pasta is cooking slice Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage.
- Warm olive oil in a pan, add onion, garlic, and sliced sausage and cook until finished.
- Stir in green chili enchilada sauce, green chili, cumin, chili powder, cooked pasta and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in sour cream and top with shredded cheese. To melt cheese put the lit on and allow to sit for a few minutes.
- Top with cilantro and black olives.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! If this isn’t your thing I’ve included a few more recipes below the recipe card and be sure to check out all our delicious dinner recipes.