Grilled BBQ Country Style Rib “Dogs”
I love summer, mostly because we cook on the grill several nights a week. Since we cook on the grill so much we like to get a little creative. The other day my husband and I were talking about what we wanted to come up with a fun 4th of July grill recipe for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. Since we can just toss something on there and hope it’s going to be good, we decided to give this Grilled BBQ Country Style Rib “Dogs” recipe a try. OMG, are they AMAZING! The grilled BBQ rib dogs and the green chili burger dogs are by far my favorite so far.
The great thing about the Grilled BBQ Country Style Rib “Dogs” recipe is there is little prep work involved, just toss the ribs on the grill, cook them, and add BBQ sauce. Well, there’s a tiny bit more to them than that but not a lot. Here see the recipe for yourself.
To make these Grilled Rib “Dogs” you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Boneless Country Style Ribs
- BBQ Sauce
- KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hot Dog Buns
- Black Olives, thinly sliced
- Cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Green onions, thinly sliced
- Swiss Cheese, grated
- Avocado, diced
- Start by rubbing the country ribs with a seasoning rub of your choice. You can make your own, or I’m sure you can pick on up at the store. There are so many different types of rubs out there it’s totally up to you what direction you go. I like mine simple, just a few seasonings.
- After you’ve rubbed the meat with seasoning rub, cover with tin foil and allow to sit out at room temperature for no longer than one hour.
- Cover the bottom cooking grate with aluminum foil. You can cover the top too if you’d like but I only cover the bottom to keep things from dripping down inside the grill and keep the ribs from getting direct heat.
- Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Before placing ribs on the top rack turn your grill down to low, if your grill allows turn off one side of the burners and cook your ribs on the side without the burners on. Just remember, low and slow. Let the ribs cook untouched for about 30 to 40 minutes with lid closed before checking on them. Unless of course, you decide to cook them on a higher setting. In that case, you’ll want to check them much sooner. If you cook your ribs slowly, it can take anywhere from 45 to 1 hour or so for ribs to cook thoroughly. It depends on the heat setting you choose and how thick the ribs are.
- While the ribs are cooking, get all the veggies ready. Slice the tomatoes, black olives, green onions, make sure cheese is grated and dice the avocado.
- Once ribs have about 5 minutes left, give them a generous brushing with your favorite BBQ sauce, shut the lid to the grill and allow to cook for about 5 to 7 minutes and remove from heat. In my opinion, you can’t go overboard with the bruising of BBQ sauce, lol.
- It’s time to eat! Grab a rib, place it on a KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hot Dog Bun add desired toppings and enjoy! I like to add a little extra BBQ sauce, but that’s just me.
You can make your Grilled BBQ Boneless Country Ribs Dog. However, you like! That’s the beauty of it, but I do suggest the KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hot Dog Buns if you have never tried Kings Hawaiian you are SO missing out. They are by far the BEST; I love all their products.
Shhh, don’t tell my husband but that’s why I always want to go grocery shopping alone haha. I already have my trip planned next week so I can get all of my shopping done for the upcoming 4th of July holiday. We’re planning on making this the Grilled BBQ Country Style Ribs “Dog” for our friends and family. Of course, we will be using KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hot Dog Buns. They’re by far the BEST!
Be sure to check out our Stuffed Green Chili & Mushroom Bacon-Wrapped Burger Dog too! It’s perfect for summer grilling!