We are filled with fun things for Halloween, like this Halloween Mummy Pumpkin Pop Tarts Recipe! OMG, are these not the cutest darn pop tarts you’ve seen? I love them, and the best part is the taste just as good as they look and of course fun food always tastes better, not just for the kids but everyone!
[easy-tweet tweet=”Check out this #Halloween Mummy Pumpkin Pop Tarts #Recipe from @sjblahblahblog #jbbb” via=”no” usehashtags=”no”]
- Refrigerated pie crust (the ones without the pie tin)
- 1 can Pumpkin pie filling
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Candy eyes
- Rectangle cookie cutter or an index card
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using either the cookie cutter or index card with a Wilton Food Writer trace the lines.
- Cut the dough to match the lines.
- Mix the sugar and pumpkin pie spices to the pumpkin pie filling, stir well.
- With a spoon add a dollop of the pumpkin pie filling, spread it out thin.
- Unroll the second crust cutting it into long thin pieces. Refer to the picture.
- Begin layering the cut crust over the filled bottom crust. Criss/Cross the thin pieces to make it look like a wrapped mummy.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the crust has a golden color to it.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool briefly.
- Add the eyes.
- Allow to cool completely.
[easy-tweet tweet=”Love this #recipe for #Halloween Mummy Pumpkin Pop Tarts from @sjblahblahblog” via=”no” usehashtags=”no”]
I hope you have as much fun with this awesome Halloween recipe for Mummy Pumpkin Pop Tarts as we did, and I hope they taste even better because they are super cute to you and your family too lol. I seriously can’t help it, maybe it’s the kid in me but cute things still taste better! I know I am not going crazy because my kids agree with me haha. Enjoy!
If you end up making these cute little guys for Halloween be sure and share them with us by tagging us via social media and using the hashtag #JBBB!