How often do you buy a box of chicken breasts, thinking they’re nutritious and simple to prepare, but then get stuck? What’s quick? Will your kids eat what you cook? Is there enough flavor to make you want to cook it again?
The versatility of chicken breasts allows me to experiment with different marinades, garnishes, vegetables, flavors, and more. They’re one of my go-to foods because they’re strong in protein, easy to digest, and kid-friendly. With that, here are a few must-try chicken breast recipes that your kids will love!
1. Lettuce Chicken
Want a gluten-free, healthy weeknight dinner full of colorful Asian tastes and textures? Stir-Fried Chicken in Lettuce Cups is a family favorite. Years of making them and re-sharing them with you. If you’ve been eating too many carbs, this is a fantastic low-carb option.
3 Tbsp. low sodium soy
2 tbsp h
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 diced small onion 1 sliced small bell pepper 1 minced garlic clove 1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 tsp salt
8 iceberg lettuce cups
1. Combine soy sauce, honey, and cilantro in a bowl.
2. In a large saute pan, sauté the onion in 1 tbsp oil for 2 minutes.
3. Cook for 2 minutes with the bell pepper.
4. Cook for 1 minute with the garlic and ginger before adding the chicken or turkey and cooking for 7 minutes more.
5. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes, or until the soy sauce mixture is completely absorbed.
6. lettuce cups (roll the lettuce around the stir-fried chicken and eat them like a burrito).
2. Nuggets de Poulet
This homemade chicken nugget recipe is a breeze. They’re delicious and produced with ingredients you can pronounce. The greatest thing is that you can make a large batch and freeze it for later use, saving you money and time on boxed nuggets.
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped
1 cup oats (also known as 5-minute oats)
1 t dried parsley
1 t garlic powder
1 tbsp onion
1 tsp. kosher
1 cup panko
1 tsp grated parmesan
1. Oven 375°F.
2. Process the first 6 ingredients in a food processor until the chicken is finely minced.
3. Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl or plate.
4. flatten 1 tablespoon of chicken mixture into a “nugget with moistened hands.”
5. Gently coat nuggets in bread crumbs.
6. Cool nuggets on a rack baked on a foil-lined baking pan.
7. Lightly spray nuggets.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Your go-to recipes are probably memorized and used for special events, when an ingredient is in season, or when you have extra time in the kitchen. Sweet Balsamic Glazed Chicken has quickly become a dinner favorite.
Chicken breasts 4 oz. boneless
1 cup balsamic
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 minced garlic
1. Set the oven to 350F.
2. 9×13 glass baking dish with balsamic vinegar, honey soy sauce, and garlic mince.
3. Turn the chicken breasts in the mixture to coat.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, uncovered. Make a half-baste with the sauce on the chicken.