Are you passionate about cleaning up our environment? It is a simple task that if each person puts forth just a slight effort, we can secure our natural resources. 4Ocean is the way to go when participating in this struggle.
Help Clean up our Oceans – One Pound at a Time
Now you say you have never heard of 4Ocean. What exactly it is? “4Ocean is a global movement actively removing trash from the ocean and coastlines while inspiring individuals to work together for cleaner oceans, one pound at a time.”
Do you recycle? In many states recycling is mandatory. Cities provide special recycling bins within which to place your used items such as plastic, glass, tin, cardboard, etc. However, in other states, this effort is voluntary. If you recycle, pat yourself on the back. You are concerned about your environment. However, for those individuals who do not recycle, many of these items, namely plastics, often end up in our oceans.
The invention of plastics in the mid-1800’s has ultimately been beneficial in today’s society. Many of the products you use on a daily basis are housed in some type of plastic bottle. Practically anything you can think of from shampoo to motor oil to peanut butter and more is placed in a plastic container for your convenience. While the use of plastics has definitely made our lives easier, the environment has suffered, especially our oceans. Dolphins get caught in the plastic ring used around a 6 pack, and birds eat minute scraps of plastic that washes up on our shores. 4Ocean is taking steps to reverse our bad habits and to clean up our oceans.
Thank you to 4Ocean for providing me with a blue reusable bottle, blue bracelet and T-shirt for the purpose of this review. All opinions are 100% my own.
Imagine going to the beach for a relaxing day in the sun only to discover the beach is loaded with trash.
To provide support in the effort to clean up an estimated 16 billion pounds of plastic in our oceans, 4Ocean is offering various items for sale. With the purchase of any of these items, you too can contribute to those efforts. Each purchase will remove one or more pounds of trash from our oceans and coastline.
The first item is a bracelet. These bracelets are offered in a variety of colors to suit your preference.
- Unisex design
- Adjustable from 2-5” in diameter
- Stainless steel 4Ocean charm
- 1 pound of trash will be removed from the ocean and coastlines
- Made from recycled materials
The next item is a reusable water bottle.
- Double-walled, vacuum-sealed stainless steel can be used hot or cold to keep your favorite drinks at their ideal temperature
- Rubberized seal helps insulate beverages and prevents spilling
- Holds 750mL (a little over 25 oz.)
- Stainless steel handle makes it easy to carry
- Sustainably-sourced bamboo top for ergonomic function
- Cup holder-friendly design fits most vehicles
- Also available in white
- Shows your commitment to cleaner oceans
The last item 4Ocean offers is the 4Ocean Cleanup Kit.
- Removes 5 pounds of trash from the ocean and coastlines
- Cleanup bag made from 100% recycled material (30” x 18”)
- Blue 4Ocean 100% cotton T-Shirt in sizes small through 3XL
- Reusable bottle (use it hot or cold!)
- Gloves with 13-gauge nylon liner and nitrile palm coating (S, M, L)
- Snapback hat featuring 4Ocean logo
This is the best choice since you’ll have all of the tools you need to pull more pounds on your own. Note: The T-shirt is not sold separately; however, you can get this item by purchasing the entire kit.
4Oceans states: “Our One Pound Pledge to our customers is that 4Ocean will remove one pound of trash for one bracelet purchased from the ocean and coastlines within 12 months from the time of purchase. Some of the trash that we have removed as part of the 4Ocean one-pound pledge may have been removed from the ocean or a coastline, which is defined as Ocean-bound trash. 4Ocean defines the term “Trash” as any man-made material that does not belong in the ocean or is damaging to the environment.”