Homemade Italian Bread Bowls & Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup
If there is one thing I like its potato soup in homemade Italian Bread Bowls when it’s cold outside. It’s one of the first things I make once it starts cooling off outside, but I’m sure many of you would agree that peeling and cutting potatoes is fun. I did cheat a bit here and use one of my favorite soups rather than homemade soup cheddar broccoli potato soup, but the bread bowls are 100% homemade.
These break bowls are amazing. Everyone I’ve made them for loves them, so fingers crossed everyone you make them for loves them just as much.
To make these yummy Homemade Italian Bread Bowls & Cheddar Broccoli Potato Soup you’ll need the following:
- 2 package active dry yeast (.25 ounce packages)
- 2 ½ cups warm water
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 7 cups bread flour (you can also use all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups – Cheddar Broccoli flavor
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
- Place the dough hook attachment on your stand mixers. Now add 4 cups flour, salt, and sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- With a mixer on low slowly add the yeast mixture and slowly increase speed to medium. Slowly add the oil, and the rest of the flour ½ cup at a time until dough comes together.
- Now remove dough from mixer bowl and place it into a large greased bowl. Wet a towel using warm water and use it to cover the bowl. Allow dough to rise for at least one hour. It should double in size.
- Grease a cookie sheet, divide dough into 6 even portions and shape into a ball. Try to get the dough balls as tight as possible. Place each of them on the cookie sheet, cut an X in the top of each one, cover with a clean, dry towel for about 30 more minutes somewhere warm.
- While dough is rising, you can preheat oven to 400 degrees and combine egg and water in a small bowl and mix together.
- Brush the egg mixture on each roll and bake on the middle rack for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush on another coat of egg mixture. Place back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and allow to cool then cut off the top center of the roll and remove the bread inside.
I used Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups, it’s super easy to make:
- While your bread is cooling prepare your cheddar broccoli soup by following the directions on the packaging. The soup is super easy to make all you have to do is add water and they only take about five minutes.
Here are a few more dinner ideas you might enjoy.