With the fall and winter months at our doorstep I start to think about dishes that are warm, yummy, and homemade! There’s nothing I like more than cooking, and baking in the winter time. Whether it’s my favorite Chicken Pot Pie Recipe, or the Chicken Noodles Soup Recipe I’m about to share with you, I love cooking them because they not only warm up my family, but my home.
The fall and winter months are so beautiful! The leaves, and eventually the white snow that blankets the landscape! It’s no wonder we to keep the world we live on safe, and clean. Did you know that Tetra Pak helps people do just that? Make an amazing meal, and keep the environment safe. It doesn’t get more fabulous than that.
Which is why I want to share my fabulous Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup recipe with you. It’s great for those cold days outside, and we can even substitute the can of chicken broth, for a carton of Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Simply Stock.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 cups of cubed chicken breast
- 2 ½ cups of white egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 12 cups Pacific Foods Organic Chicken Simply Stock
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- I small onion finally chopped, about 1 cup
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil. Toss in your egg noodles, and oil. Allow to cook until noodles are finished. Next you will want to drain your noodles, and rinse under cold water. Set aside, until the last step.
- In a large saucepan add the Simply Stock, chicken seasoning, and bring to a boil. Once the water beings to boil toss in your celery, onions, and carrots. Then reduce the heat to low, and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes. It’s been my experience the longer, and lower you cook it the better it tastes!
- In a small bowl or cup, mix together the cornstarch and water. Mix until the cornstarch is totally dissolved in the water, and gradually begin adding it to the soup, stirring constantly.
- Now add to your noodles and chicken, and allow to simmer very low for about 5-7 minutes to cook the yummy flavors together. Be sure not to cook too long, so you don’t overcook the noodles.