We already know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and most of us want to eat something healthy and wholesome like this excellent Honey Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffins Recipe. Okay, so I don’t know if you like Oat Bran Muffins or not, but they’re one of my favorite, especially when they are made with Kashi Oats I picked up at my local Albertsons.
I’ve loved Kashi® products, especially the GOLEAN Hearty Honey Cinnamon Hot Cereal and Heart to Heart® Gold Maple Oatmeal. Oh, and I can’t forget about Kashi® Berry Fruitful Whole Wheat Biscuits, which are so amazing I hide them from everyone else, lol. It’s the one thing I buy for me and only me!
I used Kashi® GOLEAN® Hearty Honey Cinnamon Hot Cereal with the oat bran and made one of the most amazing muffins I have ever had. The best part is that Kashi® GOLEAN® hot cereals have whole grains and protein. GOLEAN cereals have Seven Whole Grains, protein, fiber, and they taste fantastic both alone and in this muffin recipe.
Check this out:
- 7 grams protein per serving
- 5 grams fiber per serving
- 20g Whole Grains* per serving
- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1 cups oat bran
- 2 Packages Kashi® GOLEAN® Hearty Honey Cinnamon Hot Cereal
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed) I used an all-natural brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extra
- 3 egg whites (large eggs)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Package Kashi® GOLEAN® Hearty Honey Cinnamon Hot Cereal
- Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, oat bran, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- In a medium sized bowl combine milk, vanilla, applesauce’s, eggs, coconut oil, and whisk together.
- Pour the milk mixture into the large brown with the flour and bran and mix completely.
- In a prepared muffin pan place 3 to 3 tablespoons of batter into each cup.
- Sprinkle Kashi® GOLEAN® Hearty Honey Cinnamon Hot Cereal generously over each muffin. I covered the top of the muffins completely.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and drizzle a tiny bit of honey on each muffin. You’ll only need a little of the brown sugar and honey to make the top sweet and crispy when done baking.
- Place in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until done in center. I start checking mine at about 10 minutes because I like to take them out as soon as they’re ready, so they stay soft and moist.
I hope you enjoy these awesome Honey Cinnamon Oat Bran Muffins as much as we do. This was my first time using Kashi® GOLEAN® Hearty Honey Cinnamon Hot Cereal and I was super happy with how everything turned out. Next time I’m going to add some Chia Seed and maybe almonds!