This post was sponsored by Nature Made® as a part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central.
I’m sure you’ve heard it a thousand times, not getting enough sleep isn’t healthy and it can cause you to gain weight. You’d think because you are up more you are burning more calories, right? Well, I used to think that, but man was I wrong. I made great New Years Resolutions; you might remember it was to get healthier, drop a few pounds and sleep more. I’m not going to lie; things didn’t start out good. I didn’t realize how hard it was going to be to make myself start sleeping more. Which is why I decided to do a little reading up on the subject. Maybe if I understood it a bit better, it would help motivate me to get enough sleep every night. My mom gave me the idea and told me that I should start taking vitamins to make sure my body is getting everything it needs.
Sleep is critical; our body needs sleep to function properly. Sadly, it’s never been one of my strong points, but it’s so critical because when we deny the body the required amount of sleep it’s like a car that is running out of gas, it sputters to the gas station.
How Can Sleep Help You Lose Weight
Check out a few ways that sleep can help you lose weight.
- Your body could be storing fat – Did you know those late night snacks can cause your body to store fat? Oh yes, when your body doesn’t need any more energy from food it’s eventually stored as fat!
- Sleeping helps you eat less during the day – Yes, believe it or not sleeping more can help you eat less during the day. Sleeping affects ghrelin which stimulates the appetite and leptin, which is the hunger-regulating hormone that helps your body know when it is full. When you don’t get enough sleep, your leptin and ghrelin get out of each which can cause you feel hungry.
- Getting enough rest helps you feel better during the day – You just feel better when you sleep! You have more energy to go and do everything that needs to be done, and you’ll be less likely to skip your workout if you’ve slept enough.
- You’ll make better choices – When you lack sleep your mind often feels somewhat foggy, and you don’t always make the best decisions.
- Not getting enough sleep affects more than just your weight – There are numerous other problems that sleep deprivation can cause. I had a hard time sleeping and had to make myself start going to bed. It was difficult, but I recently started taking Melatonin by Nature Made to help me sleep because my mom recommended it and I’ll be darned if it didn’t help. I take it about 30 minutes before I’m ready to lay down, and I fall asleep easier; it’s great.
Taking vitamins and supplements – Anytime I’m watching what I am eating I worry about getting enough of certain vitamins and supplements. So I decided to pick up some Nature Made vitamins while I was at Walmart the other day. It only makes sense; I’m dieting, and my body not only needs sleep it needs other vitamins.
I can honestly say that learning how sleep can help me lose weight has helped me stop and think about my health a little more. So while I was at Walmart, I decided to pick up a few Nature Made vitamins my mom told me I needed to be taking. I just love Walmart; it’s so nice knowing I can grab everything I need in one place. It doesn’t matter if I need groceries, personal hygiene products, and vitamins I can get it all at Walmart, and it’s always easy to find.
I decided to take my mom’s advice and get me a good multivitamin with OMEGA-3, and I just want to put this out there, these Nature Made Adult Gummies Multi for Her plus OMEGA-3s taste great. Just saying. I avoid the gummies because they have that chalky taste. OMG, not these! They’re good; I look forward to taking one in the morning, lol. Okay, getting back on the subject I also grabbed some Melatonin, which helps support sleep and I LOVE this stuff I should have listened to my mom a long time ago. It has made a difference, but I don’t take it every single night. And, of course, I had to get the Super B-Complex by Nature Made, which is for cellular energy production and antioxidant support. Remember to talk to your doctor before taking anything new that you are not sure or are uncomfortable taking, it’s always a good idea to get their opinion.
It feels good to see your hard work pay off and feel good, not only physically but mentally. Being mentally fit is just as important as being physically fit.
Do you ever feel like you need a daily boost? I know I’ve been enjoying a daily boost from WelnessWithNatureMade.com. They work hard at WellnessWithNatureMade.com to put together a series of Daily Boosts for us. These boosts are easy, and they don’t take long at all, but they are effective. I think you’ll like them just swing by and check them out, see what you think. Head over to their website WellnessWithNatureMade.com.
If there is one thing I have learned over the past year, it’s how important sleep is, not only for your health but if you are trying to lose weight. Yes, I’m serious! So if you are trying to lose weight and nothing is happening you might consider checking your sleeping schedule.