When it comes to immune health, taking care of your body is important. There are a number of ways you can do this. From getting the proper amount of exercise for your body, decompressing and relieving stress, getting adequate sleep at night, and eating a balanced, nutritious diet, there are many factors that impact health and immunity.
However, sometimes these factors still aren’t enough. While eating a balanced meal is important, we may still fail to get the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals we need from diet alone. Our immune system needs certain vitamins to stay healthy, so getting these is vital. This is where supplements come in handy.
Taking supplements can help improve and support immune system health! How do you know which supplements are the best for you and which offer the best results? This guide breaks down everything you need to know. Read on to learn everything you need to know!
One of the best ways to measure the quality of supplements and how well they will support your immune system is to look at the ingredients. Here are some of the best ingredients that support immune wellness!
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is likely the first vitamin that comes to mind when thinking of immune health and support. This vitamin is an excellent way to help you stay healthy, so you’ll find it in many immune support supplements. It promotes the synthesis of immune cells, and acts as an antioxidant to help combat oxidative stress caused by free radicals.
- Zinc: Another key mineral that promotes immune health is Zinc. Zinc helps relieve swelling and fight oxidative stress, promoting immune health overall.
- Vitamin D: When it comes to absorption of Vitamin C and supporting the immune system, Vitamin D plays a significant role. Without this vitamin, our bodies wouldn’t be able to absorb the nutrients we need to stay healthy.
- Echinacea: Echinacea is an herb found in the daisy family. It’s uses trace back to ancient and traditional medicine where it was used as one of the most common immune support supplements.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are vital to immune support and health as they help fight oxidative stress. This helps prevent damage and sickness and supports overall wellness as well.
Cardiovascular health and probiotics also play an important role in immune support. When you support heart health, you promote blood flow and circulation, helping the tissues, lungs, brain, and muscles receive blood and oxygen. Probiotics are also important as they contain zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D, and help balance the gut bacteria for healthy digestion!
Another way to measure the quality of immune support supplements is by looking at the testing. Always check for rigorous third party testing or triple testing. This ensures the product has been thoroughly tested for quality and effectiveness.
Backed By Science
Supplements should be backed by science. When you look at how a supplement works, it’s ingredients, and how it interacts with the body, science should be at the forefront. For the highest quality supplements that will help promote immune system health, look for trusted partnership with doctors! This way, you’re able to see who helped in the development of the formulas and the testing.
Why Immune Support Matters
Our immune systems never stop working. We’re always encountering bacteria, germs, and foreign substances in our bodies, and our immune systems are constantly working to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out. Immune support is vital to keeping our bodies healthy and supporting overall wellness. It’s also an excellent way to avoid getting sick with a virus like the cold or flu.
In addition to taking immune support supplements, it’s vital to take care of your body in other ways. For instance, engaging in regular physical activity, eating a balanced diet with a variety of foods and nutrients, and getting enough sleep to help your body refresh and recharge is vital along with taking supplements.
Where to Find the Best Supplements
Not all supplements are made the same. While some are able to promote a variety of health concerns like stress, sleep, prostate, heart health, and overall wellness, others are not. Don’t settle for supplements that compromise.
Healthy Supplements are designed by doctors you can trust to help you on your health journey! With ingredients like omega-3 fatty acids, nutrients, antioxidants, and more, our supplements can help take your immune health to the next level.