OMG, the other night I made Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich and they were amazing! I haven’t made this breakfast sandwich in a while so it was s speical treat and kick in the booty for not making them more. These bad boys are amazing, you’ll love them.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. To be honest, I miss the kids being home in the mornings because we always made good breakfast. Now that they are in school we just don’t have the time for things like this Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich before school, and I’m not about to come home and make it if it’s just me. Which is why I made it for dinner the other night, combined with a cold glass of milk it’s the best way to end or begin your day.
Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich
To make this breakfast sandwich, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 teaspoon guacamole mix (more or less depending on taste)
- ¼ lime
- ½ jalapeno (more or less depending on how you like the heat)
- 1 can refried beans (you’ll only use about 1-2 tablespoons on each sandwich)
- 1-2 tablespoons fairlife milk (add 1 tablespoon first, add the 2nd if need)
- 2 pieces bacon
- 1-2 tablespoons your favorite salsa
- 1 green chili (optional but super yummy)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cheese (optional)
Follow the below directions:
- Cook your bacon. I like to cook mine in the oven, it’s easy and gives me time to get everything else cut up. To cook bacon in the oven, simply line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, lay the bacon out, and bake at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes on each side. If needed, dump the grease off the cookie sheet when you flip the bacon.
- While the bacon is cooking, smash up or use a blender and combine avocado, guacamole mix, lime juice from a fresh lime, and jalapeno. You do not have to add the jalapeno if they are too hot. As a matter of fact, you can skip the guacamole mix too and just smash or blend the avocado if you’d like.
- Add milk to refried beans, mix and warm.
- Cook egg as desired and salt & pepper to taste.
- Toast the English Muffin and add refried beans to the bottom slice, add bacon on top of that and cheese if you’d like, then place the egg on the cheese, salsa on the egg, guacamole on the top slice of your English Muffin and put it on top of the sandwich.
I sure hope you enjoy this easy huevos rancheros recipe for breakfast or any other time of the day as much as we enjoy them. They are super yummy!
Oh, before I forget this recipe is even better when you add a yummy one of your favorite huevos rancheros sauce recipes! Yes, adding a yummy huevos rancheros sauce to this makes it heavenly! The perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch or even dinner recipe that everyone will enjoy! Good Luck in creating your ownHuevos Rancheros Breakfast Sandwich!