Water is one of the most threatening hazards your child will encounter, this is why it’s extremely important to keep your toddler safe while swimming. Even if your child has had swimming lessons, you must always keep in mind young children can drown in only a few inches of water regardless of the swim instructions that may have mastered or how well you think they can swim. We parents know that ponds, lakes, beaches and swimming pools mean awesome summer fun and cool relief from the hot sun. But kids playing by the water can also be dangerous if we don’t watch them properly. Did you know nearly 1,000 kids die each year by drowning, and most of these drownings happen in swimming pools? Well, I’m happy to say we have taken all the necessary precautions when it comes to keeping our toddler safe while swimming. Also we have added a little extra safety that’s really fun and super cool! A Superman Swim Vest from Edge.
How To Keep Your Toddler Safe While Swimming.
- Swimming- While children are swimming an adult should always be supervising. It’s a plus if the adult knows CPR. The supervising adult should be within arm’s length, at all times whenever young children, infants or toddlers are in or around water.
- Backyard pools- Be sure to empty all inflatable pools after each swim and put them away out of the reach of children.
- Safety rules: Always enforce the safety rules like, No pushing, keep all body parts to yourself, and of course “NO” running near the pool.
- Inflatable toys-Don’t allow your child to use any inflatable toys like rafts, mattresses etc.. in place of a life jacket. They are not designed to be a safety device and may deflate suddenly or your child can slip off of them.
- Wearing swim devices- When your child is near water they should be wearing a life jacket or swim device that fits properly. This especially applies to those children that do not know how to swim.
- Be attentive while kids are in the water- Do not take your eyes off kids that are swimming or near water!! Common sense will tell you to stay off you cell phones and computers. Nothing is so important that can’t wait until children are out of the water.
- Safety devices- It’s best to always keep a rope or safety ring with you at all times while near water, at the beach and by the pool.
This awesome Superman Swim Vest by EDGE is a 2 piece flotation suit. Not only is this swim vest adorable but it’s also made with durable material, has an elastic strap for a custom, secure fit and superior buoyancy for added safety! Best of all the Superman Swim Vest by EDGE is designed to help your toddler as they learn to swim. It comes with instructions that include awesome swim phases 1-3 for your child’s swimming success!
Swim Phase 1 supports babies as they are introduced to the water helping them stay comfortable and happy. Swim Phase 2 provides support while children lean to balance and paddle. Swim Phase 3 is a graduated flotation system that advances swimming ability at the child’s own pace. How cool is this swim vest by Edge!Hey freinds, is your kid not into Superman, no worries, another really cool thing is EDGE also designed a Batman Swim Vest for the “Batkid” in your life!!
I love the Superman Swim Vest has a 3D effect giving the illusion of buffed out, hard rock muscles and abs, too cute. Because this Superman swim vest provides fabulous floating support, it will help take the fear out of swimming for your little one, and it’s comfortable for your toddler to wear all day. It also promotes correct swimming positions giving toddlers the security they need while playing in the water as they learn to paddle and kick.
For more information on how you can purchase a Superman or Batman Swim Vest by EDGE, simply head on over to Toys r Us!!
Hey friends, to check out the awesome product line by Edge simple visit their website! You can also stay up to date on great deals and wonderful Edge promotions by liking & following all their social networks!