Raise your hand if you like chocolate cake! Who am I kidding, everyone loves cake, and Ronda Rousey proved that last night on Saturday Night Live lol. She did, so I thought it was the perfect time to share this Yummy Layered Chocolate Cake with Sprinkles recipe with you. Honestly, I think this cake would make a great birthday cake for just about anyone and you could even have fun and make it your own. Either way it’s super yummy!
Here it is, thanks to Ronda Rousey for her cake comment, the Layered Chocolate Cake with Sprinkles recipe. Enjoy!
Yummy Layered Chocolate Cake with Sprinkles
To make the Yummy Layered Chocolate Cake with Sprinkles you are going to need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for garnish
Alrighty, let’s start making the Yummy Layered Chocolate Cake with Sprinkles!
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Next you’ll need to grease and flour three nine inch round pans. Put on the 1 cup of boiling water so it’s ready when you need it.
- Grab a large bowl and stir in your sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and, of course, the salt. Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Pour into the pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool completely on a wire rack while you prepare the frosting.
- In a medium bowl using a mixer blend butter and cream cheese until it’s a nice creamy consistency. Normally it takes about three minutes. Add salt and vanilla and mix together. Next slowly add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time until frosting is smooth. Frost each cake and sprinkle sprinkles and top with a cherry. Enjoy.