I can’t believe it, but the holidays will be here before we know it and our friends at Local Hive™ shared this amazing recipe for Honey Vanilla Sugar Cookies with us. I know it’s a little early to start sharing Christmas cookie recipes, but I really what the folks at Rice’s Honey® are trying to do. I hope you’ll show your support and at least give this tasty Honey Vanilla Sugar Cookies recipe a try.
About Local Hive™ by Rice’s Honey®
Rice’s Honey was founded by L.R. Rice and their headquarters was located in Greeley, Colorado back in 1924. Today the company still maintains the founder’s mission of becoming a leading producer of high quality, authentic, U.S. only raw and unfiltered honey. Rice’s Honey today works with local beekeepers to provide us with several local, raw and unfiltered honey varieties throughout various states and regions in the United States.
Their local honey products are an artisan blend of various floral types that are regionally sources, packed where the company was originally founded in 1924 – Greenly, Colorado. The product is then delivered to participating grocery stores in the United States.
They have a new label design that highlights their new Local Hive™ brand coincides with Rice’s new alliance with Pollinator Awareness Through Conservation and Education (PACE), the Butterfly Pavilions non-profit initiative is to help restore habitats, strengthen populations and reintroduce pollinators into native habitats around the globe. Their partnership is a commitment and you will find communication about the partnership on their new label. It will highlight how a portion of proceeds from each bottle of Rice’s Honey® will be donated to PACE to support their mission and promote all pollinators & sustainable bee farms across the country.
The Honey Vanilla Sugar Cookies recipe is definitely something to consider adding to your list of Christmas cookies!
Remember, if you decide to make any of our recipes, we would love it if you could share a photo with us by tagging us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- ½ cup Local Hive™ Honey
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 vanilla beans (1 for frosting)
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 lb. cold butter
- Beat the sugar and butter on high until fluffy, between 7 - 8 ½ minutes. Scrape beans from 2 vanilla bean pods and set aside. Beat together honey, egg, egg yolk, vanilla beans and extract. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking powder.
- Then add in the rest of the beaten ingredients and mix well.
- You should have a dough consistency.
- Sprinkle a cutting board or other clean area with powdered sugar. (No flour)
- Roll out the dough and but into your holiday shapes.
- Bake on parchment paper after putting in the freezer for about 6 minutes, so they get more solid.
- Bake at 350º for 9-11 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
- Scrape the beans from the vanilla bean pod and set aside. Beat the honey, vanilla plus vanilla beans and then beat in half of the powdered sugar. Beat in the half and half. Combine this with the powdered sugar and beat until well.
- After cutting the cold butter into small pieces, be sure to add it a little bit at a time, mixing on high speed with a whisk attachment or by hand. Beat on high speed for 9 minutes, or until it looks fluffy.
- Decorate your holiday cookies and add sprinkles or other edible decorations and enjoy!
Here are a few more Christmas cookies recipes we think you might enjoy.