I am always looking for good apps for kids. I love technology, and my kids all know how to work our Smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers, etc. It’s the world they live in, and it’s just going to keep becoming more and more advanced. Which is why I allow my kids to play on my on our gadgets and gismos. Plus there is some really great apps for kids.
Since the other kids are in school I spend a lot of time with my youngest daughter. We play, paint, do crafts, practice writing, read books, and she loves to play on my iPhone, iPad Mini, and all the other devices I have. I’m very careful with the apps I download for her to play with. I want her to use her brain, as well as have fun when she is allowed to pay on our gadgets and gizmos!
What I Look For In Apps For Kids
Like many other parents I want my toddler to play with apps and have fun! Here are a few things I look for in an app before I let my kids play with it.
- Age Level – Before I download an app for my toddler I check the age level. Parental supervision is important when allowing a kid of any age to use apps. I was really surprised how many apps there are that are NOT appropriate for an adult, much less a kid!
- Noise – If you are a parent you already know that most toddler love to listen to the noise that comes with the apps. I also try to make sure that the noise that comes from the app is not anything that is going to drive me nuts, and will not offend anyone else. I do allow my toddler to play with my phone while in the store, and I want to be considerate of others.
- Educational – Apps are fun, but what about educations. Being a parent who allows her children to play apps I want them to play with something that will help them in the long run. Most apps for kids are good, and help kids learn… but there are those pointless apps out there.
- Imagination – Sure it’s important for kids to be active, but it’s also important they know how to use their imagination. Whether my kids are playing with dolls, or playing a game on my iPhone I want them to use their imagination. Imagination helps kids with life, and allows them grow into creative thinkers. There’s tons of other benefits to kids using their imaginations, and it’s important they learn how to use it.
- Fun – There is no way my toddler will play an app unless it’s fun. It’s important for kids to focus on learning, but they also need to have fun. Besides studies prove that we learn better when we are having fun. There are some great apps for kids that allow them to have while learning such as Tricky Stories Magic Castle!
Tricky Stories Magic Castle App for Toddlers
Tricky Stories: Magic Castle – Enchanted Sticker Book Powered by Your Imagination is a super fun app that allows toddlers, as well as kids of all ages to set their imagination free! They can watch the Magic Castle come alive while they create a world of stories in an interactive sticker book that is unlike any other app I have experienced.
My daughter loves the whole princess idea and has had a BLAST making her own magical kingdom! Dad was off work today so she had him sit down while she showed him how to play her new game. I still freak out when I watch her use any of our devices. She can find her way around better than we can half the time. While I freaks me out, I’m glad my kids are able to use all our devices. It’s the world they are growing up in, and by the time she’s an adult who knows where technology will take us.
When you first start with Tricky Stories you will notice the land of the Magic Castle and tons of stickers of princesses, horses, kings, knights, birthday cake, and so much more! There’s some super cute animals in the forest that leads up to the Castle filled with fun! Oh, but while you are on your way to the castle be sure to touch the cute animals and trees. You will be able to paint flowers on the trees, and the animals move and make some super cute noises along the way.
Then the fun begins you have made it to the castle! How will your story being, will the prince save the princess? Oh, or maybe a pirate will have taken over the castle! Who, knows there is an endless amount of stories for your kids to come up with, and tons of sticker to stick! You can take a moment and snap a photo before you get started on the sticker fun!
Madisyn came up with a story about a princess, and a knight coming to save her at her birthday party lol. Notice the balloons, ice cream, and flowers he is holding next to his sword. Yes, once he fights off the monster he will be sure the princess gets her ice cream and flowers….
Once your done you can snap a photo and save it! Madisyn and I have had a blast with this app, she comes up with some super fun stories, and I like it because she is using her imagination. There is music that plays, but it’s very mellow. The animals make noises when you touch them, but it’s a cute noise.
Shake your device and all the fruits and flowers will fall from the trees. It’s okay you can simply tap on them to put them back. Be sure to tap on the clouds, sun, trees, and rainbow so you can watch them come to life. The clouds can be moved, the rainbow makes a lovely noise, and the trees grow flowers, leaves, and nuts. This game is filled with surprises, it’s no wonder the telling stories here is so much fun!
To learn more about Tricky Stories Magic Castle App you can visit their website. You can purchase Tricky Stories Magic Castle app for only $1.99 by visit them in iTunes. Be sure to “Like” them on Facebook so you can keep up with all the super fun news!