This post was created in partnership with Country Crock®. All opinions, content, and pictures are my own.
One of my favorite things about baking is spending time with my kids! Gosh, Mattie and Vayda have been helping me in the kitchen since they were old enough to hold a spoon. I remember one time Mattie and Vayda decided to have a little fun while I ran to grab something out of my bedroom. I swear I wasn’t gone but 5 minutes and when I came back everything was white, including my two children. They decided to have a flour fight! The mess took forever to clean up but it’s a sight I will never forget. I have so many great memories of us baking together and I look forward to us making many more.
With the holidays rolling around I appreciate things that make my life simple. The Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe not only helps make my life a little easier it tastes AMAZING, and you can customize it by adding 1 to 2 cups of your favorite mix-ins!
See Country Crock® understands that creative recipe combinations the whole family will love make the time spent in the kitchen more fun. The possibilities with this recipe are endless, and it’s one easy cookie recipe that is super easy to customize. Just follow the directions to make your cookie dough, then add your mix-ins and bake.
With this recipe, you can add everything from chocolate chips to frosting and sprinkles, or you could do like me and add peanut butter into the cookie dough and drizzle chocolate and caramel on the top. I’m going to have to agree with Country Crock® on this one – the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe is the perfect cookie base and probably the only cookie recipe you need this holiday season.
Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookies w/ Peanut Butter Mix-in & Chocolate & Caramel Drizzle
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cookie Time 12 minutes
Makes Approximately 4 dozen
Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookies
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ 1 to 2 cups of your choice of mix-ins
I used 2 cups peanut butter mixed into the cookies and caramel and chocolate drizzled on top.
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
- Add peanut butter mix-in into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious mix-ins. (You can also add anything like dried fruit, HERSHEY’S Kitchens® baking chips, sprinkles, or like I did peanut butter, caramel, and chocolate)
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling melt chocolate chips. If you use the microwave be sure and do this slowly, so you do not get the chocolate too hot. I always heat 10 seconds at a time, remove stir and repeat until they are melted.
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to a boil stirring continuously until thermometer reaches 254 degrees. You can test the caramel for doneness by placing a small spoonful of the caramel into ice water for a few seconds, removing it from the water and testing consistency of cooled caramel sauce. It should be firm but not hard.
- Once cookies are cooled use a spoon and drizzle the melted chocolate and caramel on top of the cookies.
So have some fun, get the kids involved with the holidays and all your upcoming cookie projects! Make a few batches and let the kids experiment, it will be loads of fun, and you’ll get to try different mix-ins!
I want to thank Amy from Mom Spark [link to Amy’s recipe] for sharing her recipe, and spreading holiday joy by asking me to do the same!
This post was created in partnership with Country Crock®. All opinions, content, and pictures are my own. We’re loving this excellent cookie recipe and would love for you to give it a try with your favorite mix-in so you can form your opinion and leave us a comment letting us know your opinion!