Have you been hunting for things to spice up the oh so dull man cave for that particular guy of yours. Typically we women handle the home, even when we want our men to stop and help us choose a color, rug, kitchen towels my husband just wants to see me happy. He knows how important having a beautiful home is to me, and we’re finally at a place in our lives where we’re able to add on to our home, and remodel other areas of our home.
My husband already has his Man Cave, but it’s the one area we have not started remodeling or updating. We don’t have any plans to update the man cave, but I’ve been planning on updating a few items in his man cave to say thank you to my husband. I could have a pink bedroom if I wanted one, and my husband wouldn’t complain, because I was happy. I would never do our bedroom in pink, but it does help me understand my husbands need for his space, the man cave. I’m a little surprised that so many women are against the man cave; personal space is important, having a place to go to get away is important. If your guy is spending days in his man cave there is something else going on, and blaming the man cave isn’t going to fix anything. It’s space; that’s all theirs to decorate, get away, play, etc. The Urban Dictionary defines Man Cave as:
A room, space, corner or area of a dwelling that is specifically reserved for a male person to be in a solitary condition, away from the rest of the household in order to work, play, involve himself in certain hobbies, activities without interuption. This area is usually decorated by the male that uses it without interferance from any female influence.
I do not want to redecorate my husband’s man cave because it is his space. I don’t want him to mistake me doing something nice to say I love you and thank you for trying to take control of his space. I have always promised myself I would respect his space, not get jealous of his space, and allow him to decorate it with all the things I don’t want in the house, lol. Plus, my husband having his space has not only been good for him but also our marriage and him as a father. Time and personal space are critical, and men and women are so different.
I have been looking for gift ideas for him to put in his man cave, but I also have to be careful, because I do not want him to feel like I am trying to take his space over. So rather than a makeover, let’s say it’s Essential Items for His Man Cave, handpicked by me, with my husband in mind.
- Leather Sofa and Recliner – You can’t go wrong with leather, and it gets better with age, the hubs loves leather, and it can withstand spills. I think this is one thing we agree on it looks great, comfortable, durable, and easy to maintain.
- Double Wall Stainless Steel Mug& Script Monogram Beer Mug Set – My husband doesn’t often drink, but he will have a beer from time to time. Now he can have the best of both worlds – Stainless Silver Beer Much and Monogram Beer Mug
- Wooden Trunk Type Coffee Table – It’s sturdy, simple, has storage, and my husband will love it.
- Huge Modern Contemporary Rug in Herringbone Brown and Cream – There is nothing like a nice rug to pull everything together, add color, split up a room, or give it what it’s missing. Rugs can do so many things, in this case I think it adds a little pattern, so the room isn’t so dull.
- Dart Board – Who doesn’t enjoy darts? They’re fun, and the board is on the wall out of the way.
- Pillow Décor White and Man Cave Decorative Pillows – The pillows are just a little reminder that it’s the MAN CAVE and give it a little personal touch.
- Dallas Snack Helmet – It’s a great idea, I don’t like the Cowboys but my husband does and since this is his man cave we have to play by his rules. However, it’s a great idea, and it’s loads
- Wall Art – Every room needs wall art, it’s a great way to express who you are, what the room is about, or certain feeling or message you want others to feel after reading. In this case it’s MANLY RULES or the Man Cave. A man cave is a manly place, where there are sports on 24/7, no whining, etc.
- Stools – I just don’t think my husband would be happy if he didn’t have a bar stool or two. I went with the Grain and Fabric 24-in Barstools because they fit in nicely, are affordable, and don’t have a back on them. I like the backs, but my husband doesn’t. It’s his man cave and his stools!
- Mini Fridge – If he is going to have a man cave, this is where Monday night football will take place with the guys. They are going to need a mini fridge, so they don’t have to come all the way across the house every 20 minutes. See, this way I get my alone time too!
- Cottonwood Log Table – Great end table, solid, and easily maintained.
- Flat Screen TV – Sports. Sports, NASCAR and more NASCAR he is going to be needing a big, nice flatscreen TV.
- Lamp – I went with a Curry and Company Montrose Table Lamp that fits the rooms feel, and my husband’s style. See, it’simple and functional. Oh, and it is easy to maintain, a lightbulb now and again is it!!
- Man Crates – NFL Barware Crate, Ammo Can Poker Set, and Zombie Annihilation Crate from Man Crate. Okay, so this is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. First of the NFL Barware Crate comes with awesome NFL cups for your guy, mine loves Cowboys and the Man Crate comes with 4 NFL Glasses, 4 wooden coasters, and it’s sealed in a wooden crate that comes with a crowbar. He would love that, the next one gives him a poker set, but more importantly he will love the Ammo Can for his man cave, and the last one is more of a manly gift idea. He will love this!
If you’re planning on doing a man cave makeover for your guy be sure to do things because you know they’ll enjoy. It’ important to keep your opinions to yourself, and do things for your man.
What are a few things you would like to get your man for his man cave or for a gift with the holiday coming up?