I wanted to share these super yummy Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes with you! In case you couldn’t already tell, I love cupcakes! Not only because they are super delicious but because you can do so much with them and even if you mess up it’s usually okay because you have more. It never fails my 1st cupcakes always gets messed up when I try and do the frosting it takes me a time, sometimes two or three to get it right.
Don’t they look amazing? Everything you’ll need to make these yummy Mexican chocolate cupcakes is listed below:
To make these cupcakes you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Box of your favorite brand triple chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp chili powder
- 2 cups powder sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream.
Let’s make these bad boys:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare the cupcake pan by adding cupcakes liners.
- Combin all ingredients in a medium to large mixing bowl and mix until combined, it’s okay if the mixture is thick.
- Fill each cupcakes liner about 3/4 of the way full, toss those soon to be cupcakes into the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick done, remove and allow to cool.
- Combine all ingredients in your standing mixer bowl and mix until frosting is stiff. (add 1.4 cup powder sugar to thicken if needed & if is not thick enough add a tiny bit of heavy cream until you get desired consistency)
- Transfer icing into a pastry bag with a star tip and pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes.
If for some reasons you want to print this recipe out you can easily do so using the below recipe card. I hope you enjoy the Mexican Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe as much as we did. If not be sure to check out all our other fabulous recipes.