I’m super excited to share these yummy Milky Way Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting recipe with you. Hold on to your cupcake ladies and gents!
One of my most favorite candies (and chocolates) of all time is a good ol’ Milky Way. There is nothing like biting into that unique vanilla and caramel mix that is drenched in chocolate. My mouth is melting just thinking about these cupcakes. Summer is quickly approaching, and we all know chocolate, and warm weather (especially the weather here in New Mexico) does not mix well. These cupcakes will let you enjoy this sweet treat without making a huge chocolatey mess. These cupcakes are just simply delicious. They are incredibly easy to make that I have walked into the kitchen and caught my kids making them.
You will need a few simple ingredients to make these Milky Way Cupcakes!!
Milky Way Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting Recipe
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these super yummy Milky Way cupcakes:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 3/4 TSP baking powder
- 3/4 TSP salt
- 3/4 TBS unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TSP of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 TSP caramel
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 TSP of Caramel
- 5 TBS of heavy cream
Now let’s get these things mixed so we can get them in the oven and enjoy them.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your cupcake tin with paper liners. Brown ones would be cute.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a mixer (or electric hand mixer if you do not have one) combine the cream unsalted butter and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in one egg and mix well, then add the other egg in and mix until well combined. Then add in the vanilla extract and caramel.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk until you have added it all and the cupcake mixture looks delicious.
- Fill the cupcake lined a tin with 3/4 of the batter and place in the oven for 21 minutes. Use the toothpick method and make sure they are done.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before you try and frost them.
- Combine all ingredients in the standing mixer and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe on the frosting using a star tip and drizzle caramel, and top with a milky way.
TIP: If the frosting looks like pebbles, add in more heavy whipping cream. If frosting is too thin, add in 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
I hope you enjoy my Milky Way Cupcakes as much as my family did. It is a perfect treat for any occasion. If you would like to print this out and place it in your recipe binder, use the recipe card below. If you make these, remember to let me know how they turn out and if you like to feel free to post a picture to on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and post it to my page or just tag me
If you loved this recipe, check out a few of my others: