The Mocha Cupcakes Recipe is oh so delicious. These cupcakes are moist and have every bit of the mocha flavoring. I love my coffee and with this cupcake, I get that taste. It is not overpowering so you can still enjoy this delicious cupcake. It is a wonderful treat for anyone who loves chocolate and loves coffee. The cupcakes and frosting together make a great tasting Coffee and Chocolate taste.
I am usually not one that likes to eat while I am drinking coffee. I know that may seem weird or odd, even I can’t explain it. I think it may be because I can’t really taste my food as much due to the coffee taste. With these cupcakes, I can still drink my coffee and eat them at the same time. I think it is more because they have coffee in the ingredients of the frosting. You will have to make these delicious Mocha Cupcakes to understand what I am talking about and to see how great they taste. Coffee is not overpowering at all. Neither is the chocolate, but together they are amazing!
Do you like coffee and mocha flavors? Do you enjoy cupcakes? Everyone that comes to my site regularly knows that I am a cupcake lover. I had to make these Mocha Cupcakes and give them a try and I hope that you will do the same. I have included the recipe for these wonderfully delicious cupcakes below for your convenience. You can easily print it off to save from the hassle of writing the whole thing out. Don’t have a printer or is your printer out of ink? No worries, then simply go ahead and write the recipe down. Either way that you choose, I have a feeling that you will really enjoy these cupcakes.
Mocha Cupcakes Recipe
- Cupcake Ingredients:
- 1 1/3 C flour
- 1/2 C cocoa
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C soft sweet cream unsalted butter
- 1 eggs
- 1/2 C whole milk
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 C Powdered sugar
- 1/2 C cocoa powder
- 1 C sweet cream butter
- 5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP cooled freshly brewed coffee
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Line a cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Cream the sugar with butter until light and creamy.
- Add an egg.
- Add vanilla extract. In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Begin adding the dry mixture in with the butter and sugar combination.
- Alternate the dry ingredients with the milk. Gently stir in the freshly brewed coffee. Beat well until it's all combined.
- Scoop the batter into the paper liners until each cup is 3/4 filled.
- Bake at 350 for 21 minutes. Remove from the baking pan and allow to cool.
- Put the softened butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa. Beat until the combination looks like little pebbles.
- Add whipping cream. Add brewed coffee. Mix until peaks appear. If this doesn't peak then add 1/2 C more of powdered sugar. Continue to mix until the frosting forms peak.
- Frost your usual way. You can also use a ziplock bag. Do this by cutting a corner and adding a tip to frosting your cupcakes or use a pastry bag add your favorite tip and frost.