I’m always looking for money savings tips, especially since we have such great devices at our finger tips. In my opinion one of my best money savings tips is to use the smartphone you carry around to save money, because there are tons of free apps that can help you save money. From coupon apps, and budgeting apps to apps that teach you how to budget and save they are all at your fingertips.
Since the holidays are right around the corner, and so many of will be shopping I decided to share a few of the best FREE coupon and money savings apps! Hey, if you can save a $1 here and a $1 there it adds up when you do the math!
I love technology, it allows us to do things easily, like saving money! Who would have thought we could walk around with a smartphone, or even better a tablet filled with all our favorite money savings apps, which could also stream our music, browse the web, and just about anything else we need to do. Before free money savings apps I didn’t worry about saving money, because let’s face it – who has time to clip coupons. As much as I wish I did, there is just no way for me to fit it into my day, but thanks to technology I can have an awesome tablet like the new Acer Iconia Tablet 8 and do everything from save money to check my email on the go. It’s great!
If you’re looking for some money saving-apps here are a few of the best free money-savings apps to help you make some money.
- Ebates – If you’re not already familiar with Ebates, it’s one of my favorite sites. All you need to do is visit their website or app search for the store or item you’re looking for and click on the item on the Ebates website or app and shop. You’ll earn cash back for every items you buy, which is anywhere from 1% up to 10% or so. It’s great, and all you have to do is visit Ebates.com first.
- Shop Your Way – Most of you know I’m a personal shopper with Shop Your Way, and yes I use their service because you get coupons, discounts, and surprise emails with free points for being a member. My husband and I are remodeling, and I ended up getting $400 back on top of the already awesome savings coupons from Shop Your Way. See, I visited Ebates.com, headed to Sears.com (part of the Shop Your Way program), Sears was offering a 6% cash back from Ebates, plus had great coupons that allowed me to save money and earn rewards. By the time, it was all said and done I earn $198 cash back from Ebates, huge savings. (iPhone & Android)
- Price Grabber – Find the lowest price quick and easy. You can search through millions of products, and thousands of online merchants, as well as local stores. (iPhone & Android)
- Ibotta – Rather than coupons, Ibotta gives you cash or purchasing items. Users can also unlock rebates, and more. (iPhone & Android)
- RetailMeNot – I’m sure you have heard about RetailMeNot you’re missing out. Be sure to check it out, tons of coupons. (iPhone & Android)
- Target Cartwheel – Another great app for all you Target shoppers! Choose your own offers, and use them when you shop at Target. (iPhone & Android)
- KAYAK – Do you travel? If so than be sure, you get KAYAK to find the right flight, hotel, and even manage your itinerary. There are great deals as well, it’s everything wrapped up in one. Love KAYAK! (iPhone, Android, Windows Phone)
- Mint – GREAT app and everything you need to help manage your finances. If you’re not using Mint you’re missing out on easy budgeting, tips, finding savings, credit score and so much more. This is a wonderful app, totally worth the download. (iPhone, Windows Phone, Android)
- SKYPE – Naturally, we have to add it! Download it for iPhone, Windows Phone, and Android devices to make calling free, which can be done across devices when they are connected to the internet.
- SavingStar – Another great app for coupons, which can be linked to your loyalty card. (iPhone, Android)
- Gas Buddy – Get the best prices on gas! It’s already too much, why not save money by downloading your little gas buddy!
- Groupon – Treat yourself to a great price! You’ll find great prices galore from dinning and traveling to bamboo bed sheets get it on Groupon. (iPhone, Windows Phone, Android)
I take my shopping serious, especially now since everything is digital. Rather than carrying around a big coupon book, or having coupons shoved in my handbag I have a tablet. With all the best free money-saving apps that I need.
Acer’s Iconia Tab 8
I was just checking out the new Acer Iconia Tab, and WHAT! I totally want one, I love getting new great devices, this one is at the top of my list, and here is why.
The Acer is more than just stylish, it’s simple, and small enough to fit perfectly in one hand, yet big enough to get the job done. It’s narrow bezel presents a bigger display, metal back cover offers a premium feel, and the metal mid-frame gives it the strength it needs.
That’s not all, it’s also proven to perform thanks to the Intel® Atom™ CPU, which helps to deliver a smooth browsing, video watching, and gaming experience. Did you know this bad boy has up to 7.5 hours of battery life? Yes, it sure does along with a stunning 1024×748 resolution Screen for sharp images, 4:3 aspect ration working to reveal more content, IPS technology giving you brighter colors, as well as wider viewing angles. Oh, and the speakers! We all love to jam, right? Then you’re going to love the dual speakers that offer you the powerful sound you want from your Acer!
You can’t go wrong – Full HD , durablity, great feel, battery to last the entire party! You’ll see what I’m talking about, check out the video below.