This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc. but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I can’t wait for Halloween, it’s one of my favorite holiday’s. I’ve already been playing with fun Halloween recipes, like these Jalapeno Poppers Mummies with Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage. And, last weekend kicked off the Halloween season with a pre-Halloween celebration night for the family.
For our pre-Halloween celebration, I made Mummies Jalapeno Popper with Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage, Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, and Tyson® Chicken Nuggets. Let’s just say, everyone was happy and this was the perfect way to get everyone in the Halloween spirit. The longer we can have our Halloween decorations up and I the more time I have before the Halloween party we host every year the better.
One thing I know for sure is that I will be serving these Mummy Jalapeno Poppers with Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage at our Halloween party. They are spooktacular, easy to make and they taste amazing.
To make these tasty Mummy Jalapeno Poppers with Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 10-12 Jalapeno’s
- 1 package Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage
- 2 packages croissants
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 package cream cheese
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- Season salt (to taste)
- Candy eyes or black olives
- Preheat over to 350 and prepare 2 baking pans.
- Put the Lit’l Smokies in baking pan and bake on 350 degrees for about 5 mins. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Slice jalapeno’s in half and remove seeds.
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic salt, and season salt and mix together. Taste test to make sure you add just the right amount of garlic salt and season salt for your taste buds
- Add 1-2 Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage into each jalapeno half and spoon in cream cheese mixture on top of Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage.
- Open croissants, and cut into thin slices.
- Wrap each filled jalapeno half with slices of dough, leaving space for the eyes.
- Bake 250 for about 10 minutes or until jalapeno poppers are a pretty golden brown color.
- Remove from oven and add candy eyes before jalapeno poppers have cooled so they stay in place. If you don’t have candy eyes you can use black olives.
- Serve immediately.
I’m looking forward to sharing these jalapeno poppers recipe with my family and friends. After trying jalapeno poppers with Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage Smokies I don’t think I’ll make them any other way.
I don’t think I’ve ever met a person who didn’t love Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage. These delicious beef cocktail links are full of flavor, fully cooked and can be used in a variety of recipes or enjoyed alone. Hillshire Farm® Lit’l Smokies® Smoked Sausage one of my go-to crowd pleasers because everyone loves them and they are quick and easy.
Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips, my boyfriends favorite paired with BBQ sauce for dipping. These fully cooked chicken strips are tasty, quick and easy, and made with white meat chicken which is raised without antibiotics.
Tyson® Chicken Nuggets have been a family favorite for a long time. I love how quick and easy they are to prepare, just pop them in the oven as directed. They are made with 100% all-natural ingredients and have a yummy crispy outside and juicy inside and a great crowd pleaser, especially if there will be children attending. I think I’m going to try making some spider chicken nuggets next.
Who doesn’t love State Fair® Corn Dogs? While we didn’t have any corn dogs for our pre-Halloween celebration there is almost always a box in my freezer. What’s not to love about the tasty honey-sweetened batter wrapped hot dog on a stick. Yet another family favorite that pairs great with just about anything and is quick and easy for mom.
From mummy poppers and mummy corn dogs to nugget graveyards, this year you can go all out with Tyson®, Hillshire Farm®, and State Fair® products from your local Walmart! Oh, and let’s not forget about Walmart’s AWESOME grocery pick up service. I can’t recommend it enough, it’s not just convenient, it saves me time too.